PDA

View Full Version : J9 from the CO.

Fat Nicky
12-22-2004, 11:01 AM
No real read on BB after 2 orbits, nothing out of hand.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Is raising first in from the CO over doing it here?

Flop: (6.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Easy raise, top pair w/OESD.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River and turn standard I assume.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

My 2 concerns are with my PF raise, and my aggression with a pair of Jacks against a PF 3-bettor.

lil'
12-22-2004, 11:11 AM
The pre-flop raise is a bit on the loose side, yes. There's a time and a place for everything, but open raising this hand at a low limit table is probably not right.

First, there needs to be a chance of stealing the blinds, which doesn't happen much, especially at low limts.
Second, if you get more than one caller, you will have a much harder time winning the hand. At low limits, you get more callers.
Third, J-9o is just not a very good hand. You have very little showdown value and will likely need to improve to win.

Everything postflop seems standard.

Edited to add: My post seems to imply that that at a higher limit this raise might be a good play. It isn't.

Fat Nicky
12-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Is this a raise first in from the button???

Evan
12-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Unless I know the blinds to underdefend I see no reason to play this hand.

lil'
12-22-2004, 11:34 AM
It depends on a lot of things. Can you win the blinds right there and then? How is your image? Have you been raising light? Do you look tight? Can my opponents fold if they miss? Are they tricky?

Bottom line, it's still not much of a hand, all meta-game stuff aside. I think most of the time you need to wait for a better spot than this.

Fat Nicky
12-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks. I am probably raising to many hands first in from the CO and button not factoring in how the blinds have been playing.