PDA

View Full Version : My Pocket pair is Top Pair

crockett
12-22-2004, 10:27 AM
O.k. looking this over this hand seems pretty blah...

But does anyone do anything different? Fold the river? Check the river?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds.

River: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Piiop
12-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Why did you bet out on the flop instead of checkraising? Do you have a read on the CO or MP3? I would fold to the river raise had I bet, but I probably would've check-called.

chief444
12-22-2004, 10:37 AM
I would probably go for a check/raise on the flop considering your relative position.

I may check/call this river. A flush draw or straight draw that didn't get there is probably folding. Overcards will probably fold. There aren't many hands you beat that call here. If the river wasn't a 5 I would agree more with the bet.

crockett
12-22-2004, 11:18 AM
O.k. I'm glad I did post this.

I'm looking at it and your right. I don't know why I didn't C/R this flop. I probably have the best hand but it is very vulnerable. I should have checked expecting the button to bet and then raised trying to push off everyone else and hope the button was on over cards.

I also think check calling the river is the right play.

Of course he turned over 32o, so calling the raise turned out to be the correct decision but I shouldn't have been forced to make it.