PDA

View Full Version : call all-in with AK

Mr_J
12-22-2004, 08:46 AM
$50+5, blinds are 10/15.

Dealt AK on Button.

4 folds, 2 calls, I raise to 50, SB calls, BB calls and UTG calls.
Pot is $200.
Flop: 98K

The three others check, then I bet $200. I get re-raised all in by SB. What would you do?

My AK raise at 10/15 is too small. I should be raising
around $90?

PE101
12-22-2004, 11:51 AM
How much money do you have? How much is the raise.

It looks like you're early in the tourney, with 9 players left. Someone probably has a relatively large stack (~2x compared to the others). Is it you? Is it the raiser?

I probably wouldn't go all in, but I'd call a pretty good raise.

hurlyburly
12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
I am weak with TPTK and would definitely call here, but there are a lot of hands that will have you beat or draw out on you. It looks more like a protection bet, so I'm thinking 2 pair not set. OESD might do this, too.

Mr_J
12-22-2004, 01:14 PM
He had K8 (2 pair). I thought he was probally K+high card. Wasn't really worried about the 8 or 9 for 2 pair since I didn't think someone would call my raise with K8/9. Guess that's why I should be raising more there. He limped into the pot before I raised, and only called when I raised so I ruled out trips.

"How much money do you have? How much is the raise."

Both on around 1k chips. First few hands.

kalooki45
12-22-2004, 01:30 PM
man thats tough.
Obviously, it's not the type of table that respects 5xBB..lol..do any, any more?
I think you're right about the size of your preflop bet--on that table, at least. You've been left without a clue.
I would tend to think a set more than 2p, myself, as 99 or 88 is in there without much hesitation. 98? even suited? hmmmm..depends on idiot factor.
K9s, K8? again--the idiot factor at work.
a stone cold bluff against a possible A-anything holding by you?..possible again.
It's all down to reads, but I'd tend to think a set (at a sane table with average players).
If it WAS a bluff, you're up against an expert or a madman--watch out..ROFL
I'd probably call though--i'm an idiot /images/graemlins/grin.gif