PDA

View Full Version : AJo too aggressive?

xCEO
12-22-2004, 08:32 AM
MP3 is a passive player post flop

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

zuluking
12-22-2004, 11:26 AM
You were correct in raising the flop, but then you need to take the free card on the turn and river if possible. You lose to a pair of tens ya?

Cardzy
12-22-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm just curious as to why you raised pre-flop? It's already a multi-way pot which isn't good for this hand. No reason to try to knock the blinds out now and also no reason to build a pot for a hand that isn't good in a multi-way pot and encourage people to stay with draws when you hit your very vulnerable top pair because the pot is big.

Ok, so I call preflop. I raise the flop as I have position and may be able to get free cards and limit the field (which I really want to do at this point). I take the free card on the turn if I am allowed, and fold if I am bet into.

zuluking
12-22-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious as to why you raised pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because he likely has the best hand before the flop.

davelin
12-22-2004, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You were correct in raising the flop, but then you need to take the free card on the turn and river if possible. You lose to a pair of tens ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

Dangergirl
12-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Agreed, preflop raise was good as was the one on the flop. After mising those both though, I would have probably tried to take the free card on the turn as someone already said.