PDA

View Full Version : What do these stats tell me?

Buz
12-22-2004, 08:20 AM
Tried PokerTracker. Fed 714 hands into the database. I am wondering what it tells me. Am I a fish? What should I try to change to be a winner?

Saw Flop 30%
Pre-Flop raise 8.5% (61/714)
Went to Showdown 36% (97/266)
Won Showdown 49% (48/97)
Aggression factor .83

Siingo
12-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Not much since you have not played enough hands! If you try to make conclusions on your play with only 714 hands then you do not play for the long run.. The database is not significant.

But if we assume that you have played a lot more hands then..

I think saw flop (is that VP$IP? ) is a bit high. Tighten up preflop ( you can be a winner .5/1 with this VP$IP (I was) but I think tighten up is probably better. Many winning players have VP$IP around 20 ). Aggression factor is to low so you have to play more aggressive. You are passive. Do not call so many hands. More raise or fold postflop.

But this is what i would have said if you had played a lot more hands. Now your database is not significant to say that this is true!

Buz
12-22-2004, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you try to make conclusions on your play with only 714 hands then you do not play for the long run..

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the reply!

First: I'm not sure the stats would change much if I added another few thousand hands, although I may try that and see if they do.

Second: The idea here is to start playing better sooner - rather than playing lousy for 10,000 hands and then making a change, I would rather change now and start winning sooner. /images/graemlins/cool.gif It sounds like I play a little too loose and too passive.

Third: Is there an "Ideal" profile? % of flops seen? % of pre-flop raises? Is there an ideal aggression factor?

kenberman
12-22-2004, 09:44 AM
try here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=923884&page=&view=&sb =5&o=)

StuR
12-22-2004, 09:46 AM
I think the key thing here other than the size of your sample (I'm sure your stats will change over the next 10k hands) is to think that "playing the game gives you your stats" not "the stats give you how to play the game."

If you play to get the correct stats I'm sure you will make many mistakes - you can get the "correct" aggression factor if you raise in 3 places when you should have called and call in the places you should have raised. ( I hope that makes sense)

If you play the game right your stats will be right - you play the game corerctly by understanding the (correct-hopefully) logic behind each decision you make at the table and the stats will eventually show this by converging (slowly) to the "ideal" levels.

Don't worry about your stats for along time - I've just reached 10k hands and am looking at my big losers in my DB but even then it can be short term luck as I only have around 100 hands on each hand type(KJo AKs etc)

So my advice - read and play then look at your stats later.

StuR

Buz
12-22-2004, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

try here

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. Thanks!