PDA

View Full Version : Complete mess.

Larimani
12-22-2004, 07:38 AM
How badly did I mess this up?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.5 (All-In)</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.87 BB

Larimani
12-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Not a single comment? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

7ontheline
12-22-2004, 12:23 PM
You're fine on the flop. Calling the turn is completely fine also - if you're behind, you have plenty of redraws for the nuts (or close to it, barring quads if the board pairs again)

I think you know you're behind on the river since you didn't improve enough to beat a flush. CO's cold-call of a 3-bet preflop and then subsequent raising sure doesn't look like the other J to me. . .I guess a better player would lay it down, but I probably make a terrible crying call on the river.

BruceF
12-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Here's my read (FWIW):

PF - looks good - no one seems to have a monster starting hand

Flop - matter of style - I like to slowplay trips, but with that many callers, betting out is an ok play, too. At this point, I have the SB on a flush or str8 draw or maybe trips with a middle kicker, MP1 on the same (is he a more aggressive player in general than SB?) and the others on draws.

Turn - terrible card for you! 3 spades on the board and SB bets out - probably made his flush, MP1 on a str8 draw (maybe with KQ, so the 8 didn't help) only calls, CO raises - again, warning bells - does he have the nut flush? Possibly.

River - that's a sucker card for you - the 9 that completes your str8. However, it's not the nut str8 - anyone with a KQ beats you and with 3 spades on the board AND 4 players in the hand, you can assume you're beat. I would have folded here, but if you can get to show down for 1 more BB, I wouldn't argue. However, you should NOT have called the river raise, IMHO. You were beat on the turn.

dangerous_badman
12-22-2004, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop - matter of style - I like to slowplay trips, but with that many callers, betting out is an ok play, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how generally you meant that when you said you liked to slowplay trips, but you wouldn't slowplay a J on a board as draw-heavy as that, would you? Little to gain (nobody's going to pay you off if they miss) and much to lose...

dfscott
12-22-2004, 05:03 PM
CO sure looks like a flush, especially considering his pre-flop limp. However, you have 4 clean outs with implied odds if you hit, so I think calling getting 13:1 is fine.

The river is ugly. I think you have to call SB since he could have anything and it's only about 1 SB. I just don't see anything that you can beat that CO is raising with. I don't think your hand is good even 5% of the time, but I'd still hope against all hope and make the crying call.

I'd probably console myself by saying that I paid 1BB to learn how CO plays.