PDA

View Full Version : JTo - textbook play?

Larimani
12-22-2004, 06:09 AM
No read on any players (haven't been paying any attention to the game /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

<font color="blue"> Calling on the button with a few limpers is standard right? Does anyone fold here? </font>

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 folds, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

<font color="blue"> The idea behing the raise is that I might make CO fold a better hand. Possibly A with a low kicker or T with a good kicker. And also get a free card on the turn. But when MP3 cold calls, alarm bells start ringing. </font>

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> Free card plan has worked. </font>

River: (5.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

<font color="blue"> I know I'm beat and fold. Would anyone call this one? </font>

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

stonecold
12-22-2004, 06:17 AM
"fishes" love to play lonely aces and when they hit they are not going to fold it. You are giving party players way to much credit. So its not even an idea to raise hoping to make anyone drop a better hand unless you have some reallly good reads...

ebranig
12-22-2004, 07:05 AM
I fold this PF in a heartbeat. But then again, I eat my own poo.

cpk
12-22-2004, 07:12 AM
Don't listen to anyone who says you have to fold preflop. You have to play JTo on the button for one bet, though you don't have to enjoy it. The only truly unfortunate thing is that it is too weak to raise out crap Q's in the blinds. Remember--position mitigates domination. Pound that into your head. Besides, JT makes more nut straights than any other hand, so don't worry, be happy. With JTs you should raise.

I think you should fold the flop. There is nothing good about your hand. I can't think of any other holding the CO could have that doesn't have you beaten. If you knew something useful about the CO that suggest otherwise, then raising to protect your hand is the correct move. But you don't know anything useful, and the rule is that he's either got Ax or a ten with a better kicker or something truely gruesome like two pair. You are in sad shape getting only 6:1, and you could be drawing very slim.

It is fortunate you came to your senses and folded on the river. Certainly at 7:1 you're not getting paid enough to overcall, and one of them has to have you beaten. The poker police are on the case.

bernie
12-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Preflop: Standard

Flop: If Im playing, Im raising. Many won't bet this flop without the A though.

[ QUOTE ]
The idea behing the raise is that I might make CO fold a better hand. Possibly A with a low kicker or T with a good kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a nice dream thinking you'll blow the CO off his hand for 1 bet when his call closes the action. Especially after he opened on the flop. I'd fully expect him to go to the river and farther. He isn't betting a draw. There are no real draws other than gutshots.

b