PDA

View Full Version : A tough (or is it easy?) turn decision

billyjex
12-22-2004, 06:02 AM
The button in this hand is a TAG/rock. His stats are:
15/6 with a postflop aggresion of 1.5 after 360 hands.

Rest of the table in this hand is unknown, but it's been fairly loose passive in a couple orbits. 4 or 5 seeing the flop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

I decided not to 3-bet here because every called, and was hoping to bet on the turn and be raised by the CO to drive people out.

Turn: (11.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero ???

So now our TAG wakes up on a harmless card after CC on the flop, and who knows what the hell MP1 is doing. Is this an easy fold? Easy call down? I was somewhat lost.

wuarhg
12-22-2004, 06:43 AM
I've seen these Party "TAGs" coldcall two bets cold on the button with A2s and then try a turn check-raise on me and assume I have overcards. I'd call it down, pot is pretty nicely sized too, unless ofcourse you have a really good read on this guy.

ebranig
12-22-2004, 06:49 AM
Button has TT, but I think i call down anyway.

cpk
12-22-2004, 07:30 AM
The board is coordinated and giving away cheap cards is dangerous. You should not slow down on this flop. Maximize your equity now--a scare card that misses everyone will still kill your action.

Don't let a TAG scare you into folding, but I'd be careful about 3-betting as there is a distinct possibility you are up against TT. You can't protect your hand anyway. This pot is way too big to fold now as you have 16 BB now, and possibly 18 BB by the river. At 9:1 you can't lay down as it's very possible for the raiser to have ATs or even A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif or something. You also have two clean outs since you have the Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. Definitely call turn and river.