PDA

View Full Version : Down to the felt

imported_haasjr
12-22-2004, 05:38 AM
Tomorrow is the biggest days of my life. This is not a pity story, but what I truely to believe what will turn out as a great success story. I am 25 years old and have lost most things I had going for me in the last two months including a fiancee and law school and family. Without a family or backup plan I am jumping off the deep end with all the money I have in some effort to obtain the funds to rid myself of the many things women, college and myself have brought to this deeeep hole I find myself in. I have been playing poker for a few years with most of my hours logged online. I have attended the last six wpt events with some success and some good deal of success in the cash games. I suppose I am posting this because I find the stories of those who put it all on the line are very interesting and at times a bit dumb. We all know the story of Doyle, Roberts, and Slim dropping all they owned their first time to vegas and the story of the guy who sold his house and all belongings to put it on one spin of the roulette wheel. I plan on playing the noon 500 multi and then proceed to play at the high limit tables. I have often heard that the two greatest things in a poker players life is the thrill of winning and the thrill of losing but for the next two days I obviously hope it is the aforementioned. Anyhow, I will be back tomorrow night to tell of the progress or the first days woes.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-22-2004, 05:40 AM
Is it just me or does this not seem like the healthy solution?

::coughtherapycough::

zephed56
12-22-2004, 06:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. You're on tilt man, don't play poker.

Would anybody else be playing like a total pansy ass with their whole roll on the line? (even me, and I have a feeble roll)

Seems like you are going to go through with it anyways, so good luck, you'll need it.

tek
12-22-2004, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

::cough read Doestoyevski cough::

Anadrol 50
12-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Go for it dude!!!!!

ChicagoTroy
12-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Don't forget to leave a few bucks aside to buy some rope to hang yourself with if things don't turn out the way you hope. Setting aside a big bet for quality rope is +EV.

If I was having a bad two months, I don't think that's the time I'd choose to do something extremely risky.

Get your head straight before you take a shot. (No, it isn't.)

surfdoc
12-22-2004, 12:40 PM
I am not certain this topic is worty enough to cross post, but good luck.

theghost
12-22-2004, 01:32 PM
My guess is you would have a better chance putting it on red.