PDA

View Full Version : Could I have done better with 88?

trentcroad
12-22-2004, 05:17 AM
Was this a pointless C/R?
Could I have done better here?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

afk
12-22-2004, 05:32 AM
Some will say don't open limp from mp. But when the game is 8 handed and you're in mp1, I don't have a problem with it.

I think the flop is a very standard c/r. I miiiight consider calling the flop 3bet and check-raising the turn again - especially if BB is the type to come along, CO seems to have a strong hand and probably won't release it.

The way you played it, I think you should bet the turn and river (depending of course on turn action) and see where it takes you.