PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with AKo

outofstep
12-22-2004, 03:58 AM
AKo seems to be my most costly hand in PT. Based on 4,533 I've had AKo 49 times and my Net is -$44,-.86/hd with a 22.45% win rate. What kind of leaks should I be looking for? I think one leak is calling on the flop too much with just overcards. A couple of my big losers ran into AA. What is the proper play if you raise and are reraised? Thanks for the help guys.

Here are a few that puzzle me:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, SB folds.

Hero??

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Hero??

milesdyson
12-22-2004, 04:10 AM
Hand 1: You're at best splitting with another Ace. Sucks to fold this river, but it's probably right.

Hand 2: I would probably raise the out of confusion, although all you have are your overcards and you may be drawing dead. That is simply a tough situation.

Hand 3: I think you should call the flop three bet getting 14:1.

Hand 4: Cap preflop, probably makes the flop easier.

Cardzy
12-22-2004, 04:17 AM
How I would play each hand:

1st hand: Technically looks fine I believe, but I would most likely check/call the river.

2nd hand: I would raise the flop, call a 3-bet and fold the turn unimproved. You don't have much of a draw here but UTG could be holding AJ or similar depending on your read of him. The pot is big enough to raise and see where you are in my opinion. Hmm, on second thought I may not fold this at all and call the turn bet. That is a huge pot.

3rd hand: I'd call that 3-bet on the flop and fold turn unimproved. You have two overcards and a backdoor flush draw.

4th hand: Again, two overcards and a backdoor flush draw. I would raise the flop, call a 3-bet and fold turn unimproved.