PDA

View Full Version : A 10 with top pair top kicker - throw it away at turn??

jskills
12-22-2004, 03:16 AM
I folded at the river, but should I have folded at the turn? It really felt like calling down would be wrong given the action ...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

milesdyson
12-22-2004, 03:24 AM
You should've folded preflop.

You could've folded to SB's stop and go on the turn. You should've folded to MP3's raise even after calling the first turn bet.

SoCalPat
12-22-2004, 03:28 AM
No point calling the turn raise. Someone's got a 9, and improving on the river is only going to cost you more bets.

There are worse hands to limp with UTG+1 than ATo, but the flop has to hit you pretty hard to win. Not worth limping here.

mr pink
12-22-2004, 03:29 AM
you gotta consider that you're up against 4 opponents on the turn, and one of them just raised a bettor and 2 callers. i think i'd fold the turn when it comes back to me.

peace - jeff

Dooner
12-22-2004, 03:54 AM
Personally, I think you should have folded A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif from UTG+1 preflop.

But, to answer your question, yes you should fold this on the turn. Top kicker with a pair of 10's is pretty weak. If you are hoping on catching a 10 or an Ace on the river, both the T/images/graemlins/club.gif and the A/images/graemlins/club.gif would put a 3 flush on the board. And if no one is on a flush draw, you might already be drawing dead to someone's straight. There are just too many possibilities here where you are either already beat or can be outdrawn to make this call profitable. That's just my two cents. Hope it helps.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Joe Tall
12-22-2004, 04:09 AM
You are to much in EP to limp w/this preflop, I'd have to be 90% sure there'd be no raise behind.

Once you are bet into again on the turn, on such a draw heavy flop TPTK is not going to be good here getting 11:1 with so many players to act. Fold it up.

Peace,
Joe Tall