PDA

View Full Version : KJ in MP3 - turn bet ok?

jskills
12-22-2004, 03:13 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

milesdyson
12-22-2004, 03:17 AM
Preflop and flop are fine. Open-raising there is good, and betting the flop is good after he checks to you.

On the turn, I might just take the free card. If I do this, and he bets the river, I probably fold.

Since you bet the turn, but he came out betting on the river, I'd fold the river.

Everyone, feel free to critique my advice here, too, because I do not consider myself very good in short-handed/heads up situations - at all.

mr pink
12-22-2004, 03:19 AM
i like the raise preflop after the whole table folds to you. i like the flop bet after the small blind checks. i don't like seeing him call.

i like the turn bet after he checks again. i don't like seeing him call.

i really don't like seeing him bet on the river, i think i'd fold. tough hand but i really wouldn't have called the river w/ king high. you gotta give him credit for at least something after the flop and turn calls (if not a three or a nine, at least ace high but probably a three).

peace - jeff

jskills
12-22-2004, 12:18 PM
He showed down KQ. Sometimes that's just the way it goes ...

flair1239
12-22-2004, 12:24 PM
I probably do it the same way. My thinking is you took a shot on the turn, and he is taking one on the river.

I tis tempting to check behind on the flop, but that probably puts you in a position of possibly having to fold to a turn bet, or make a potentially expensive turn raise to resteal.

If he were the BB I would be mopre tempted to give him credit for a hand. But being he called a raise from the SB, without a read, I would probably put him on a hand with high cards. So you are probably both in the same boat.

I am thinking you got shown Ax at showdown.

jskills
12-22-2004, 12:27 PM
See results post for what he had. It wasn't Ax, but I was beat :-(