PDA

View Full Version : I cold called PF. Now what?

Grease
12-22-2004, 03:12 AM
UTG+2 is a LAG. Button (unknown) is all-in on the turn, I dunno what happened with the converter.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.12 BB

ebranig
12-22-2004, 07:04 AM
I raise or fold prefolp. I think CC'ing is a mistake here.

cpk
12-22-2004, 07:23 AM
99 is too big to fold in this case. Raising is better than cold-calling (it is in nearly all cases). It's an excellent hand to isolate a loose-aggressive raiser, and it will tend to protect you against junk overcards in what has to be a tight-ish game.

Cold-calling in an isolation situation is almost never correct. There are certain types of hands (eg, suited Broadway, small pocket pairs) which must be played for 2 bets in a multiway pot in late position that are too dangerous to raise with (eg KJs). When you are currently up against one raiser and the blinds, you should almost always raise or fold.

I usually downgrade an opponent's possible holding when they go all in. I get a free showdown anyway, and it's just as likely they have two overcards, flush draw, gutshot, some damn thing as they do something that has me beaten. I don't have major problems with the way you played this. Some people may say you overplayed the flop, but I don't.

bernie
12-22-2004, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 9.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, Why are you just calling this? Easy 3 bet.

b