PDA

View Full Version : Too Aggressive w/ OESD & Overcard?

Tron
12-22-2004, 03:08 AM
PokerRoom just switched to a new HH format that isn't compatible with the converter yet, so please excuse the mess.

PokerRoom $0.25-$0.50 8-Handed

BLINDS
SB posts $0.10, Hero (BB) posts $0.25, MP1 posts $0.25

Hero is dealt 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

PREFLOP
2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 calls, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

FLOP: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4-Handed, 4 SB)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, 1 fold, SB calls, Hero calls

<font color="purple">I figure MP2 has a Jack. MP1 either a pair or overcards. I'm feeling pretty good about my OESD and gutshot flush draw, so long as a Q or 7 doesn't drop.</font>

TURN: [8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif] 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (3-Handed, 5 BB)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls

<font color="purple">Well, there goes the flush draw, but I'm still feeling pretty good.</font>

RIVER: [8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif] K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3-Handed, 11 BB)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls

<font color="purple">Probably the 3rd best card I could have hoped for, behind a J and a 6. I bet out because he hasn't hit his straight, and I've been showing strength the entire hand.

How did I do? Are the reasons for my actions solid?</font>

Tron
12-22-2004, 03:40 AM
Huh? Only 2 views? Come on, I need some help!

Joe Tall
12-22-2004, 03:52 AM
Your flop bet is fine, you have decent equity but you can consider checking and calling.

Once you are raised on the flop, check the turn, you are throwing money away here. There is no value your turn bet.

Your river bet is good, a lot of hands will still call here.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Cardzy
12-22-2004, 04:00 AM
I'm normally pretty aggressive, but in this situation I think I would have checked and called the turn. I mean even A high beats you at this point and a if he is on a flush draw, or has an 8, 9, or a T your still behind. He bought the button on the flop, if he is on a flush draw he may just check it through and take the free card (also giving you a free card since you are still on the draw).

Otherwise the rest looks fine to me.

The13atman
12-22-2004, 04:02 AM
The only street I don't like is the turn. This is an easy check-call. Against 2 opponents you'll be putting in 1/3 of the money and if you give yourself 11 outs (since you thought any J, 6 or K would make you good - although if you think MP2 has a J it's only 10) you'll only win 1 in 4.6 times. Even if you had 4 opponents you can't count on them all calling, especially if they were behind MP2 and would likely have to face 2 cold.

At least that's my idea - I could be wrong though, I have that tendency... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif