PDA

View Full Version : QQ ...missed value bet?

Perseus
12-22-2004, 02:42 AM
Did I miss a value bet on the river here?? I don't think I would be called with anything that I can beat...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

DrPublo
12-22-2004, 02:57 AM
I think I check the turn and call a bet on the river, but I suck at this game. Of course it depends how aggro/passive villain is.

What do you put him on when he called you on the flop? I suspect that since he did not c/r the turn he does not have an A. Spades, an 8, or a PP &gt; 88 are likely.

I think the problem is that after the 8 pairs, when you get called you're good less than half the time. Methinks an 8 is just too likely because a PP between 88 and AA would likely bet the turn and fold to a raise (or I would, anyway). So good check behind.

The Doc

Perseus
12-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Results: He had K 10 o....i don't think he would have called if I bet, but he might have.