PDA

View Full Version : AQs UTG

Perseus
12-22-2004, 02:39 AM
How do you think I played this??

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Grease
12-22-2004, 03:07 AM
Can't really say I like the turn. He raised the flop with the PF 3-bettor behind him. I say he has something. Getting 3-bet on the turn would majorly suck, and I don't think your ace would be good (your flush may not be either). I would either bet the turn (if you think he would lay it down) or just check call (my favorite).

Brash620
12-22-2004, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't really say I like the turn. He raised the flop with the PF 3-bettor behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta disagree with you on the turn raise. The way UTG+1 played the hand he represents two overcards fairly well. I wouldn't think that he would call with a hand like 7,8 8,10 or J,9 with a raise in front from early position meaning that the flop didn't help him much. The raise was a positional raise to thin the feild. When the second 8 fell on the turn he probably thought that he could pick up the pot right their seeing how there was no flop reraise or turn bet.

Grease
12-22-2004, 03:20 AM
Unless the guy was a total moron, he would probably just call if he were drawing, so he could rereaise when the PF 3-better raised, or fold if he had only overcards. I think a read would be very helpful here. (I don't know how to quote, or I would. I'm a moron, sorry)

justin
12-22-2004, 03:28 AM
y not 3 bet the flop? even though ur out of position he cant check though overcards on turn and it lets u know where ur at. The turn check raise will only work if ur ahead if ur not ahead then u had even money on the flop to raise vs 3-1 at best on turn.

bicyclekick
12-22-2004, 03:40 AM
I like it fine til the turn. Did you misread the board? Think a spade came? I don't understand? He's gonna fold like 1 time in 50 there. Bad choice for it. Fance play syndrome. Don't let it get ahold of you.

billuhbong
12-22-2004, 04:00 AM
y reraise the turn, pointless, wut do u think he was playing at u so u have to make a play back at him?? he 3 bet u preflop and raise u on the flop hes probably got a high pocket pair, once ur ace came i bet ur good,he probably had kings, wutd he have i hate when ppl dont show results

nothumb
12-22-2004, 04:13 AM
Here's my thought on flush draws. Usually, I just bet 'em right out. But if there are chips flying around preflop, sometimes I check and look for a chance to check-raise. Now, as it happens, that opportunity would have popped up here, but betting out could look good too since the button 3-bet and might raise, trapping the field.

So, just a thought there on flush draws. I like to bet 'em but check 'em sometimes in this situation.

Turn, bleah.

River, fine.

NT

Perseus
12-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Results: He had KK.

Part of my play on the turn was based off the the fact even though he 3-bet preflop, there was a good chance it was a positional raise to thin the field.

I took down the pot. My thoughts with the turn raise was that with the 8's pairing he might throw away a marginal hand, and if he didn't, I had 12 outs.

However I do think I got a little too fancy.