PDA

View Full Version : Help with my cowboys - 1st posted hand!

SeeWillie
12-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Could use some analysis, guys n' gals.

Villain is UTG+1 and is fishy to the tune of vpip75%/pfr1.5%/af.50

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

I think I was tilting there on the river, as I was tired and Villain has sucked out on me repeatedly, including cracking my AA twice on total crap hands. I shut it down a few hands later.

What I really want to know is whether I should have called down or folded after being raised on the flop.

Thanks!

milesdyson
12-22-2004, 02:15 AM
Three betting the flop is better than calling.

droolie
12-22-2004, 02:21 AM
Nice first hand!

You can't fold to a flop raise. 3-bet. If he caps let it go on the turn.

If you'd rather you can call the flop, raise the turn and fold to a reraise.

The river play was bad. You just don't have enough info. You were in call down mode (which is ok) so why then give him another chance to milk his trips? He certainly isn't looking like he's folding. (given his stats he would never fold here)