PDA

View Full Version : Cool it on the river?

imaptone
12-22-2004, 01:26 AM
The evil one in the small blind has a Vp of 64% and a pfr of about 2%. The raiser seems compliant with me winning the pot.

I am having trouble knowing when to lay back and this hand is a good example. I find that these late raises seem to mean more having played this level only for less than 10000 hands. Should I check call the river? Bet fold? Bet call and whine like a bitch if I lose?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

PokeHer
12-22-2004, 02:32 AM
The 3 certainly didn't help him. Either he is trying to bluff or he held a very good hand and let you lead the betting so he could pop one on the river. If you lose, I guess its to TT or clubs. How is this guy's play postflop? Is he as passive as he is preflop?

Bottom line- I just call there because raising has -EV as if he is bluffing, he will fold, and if he's got you, he will certainly at least call.

You can whine like a bitch if you lose to 22 33 or 45 /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

billyjex
12-22-2004, 02:43 AM
The river bet is a clear value bet. It'd help to know his aggression postflop, but I would probably still call his raise on the river if it was very low because i'm too curious.

But you'll be ahead here more often than not, so bet.

imaptone
12-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 7c 4c (flush, ace high).
Hero has As 9s (two pair, aces and nines).
CO doesn't show.
Outcome: SB wins 12 BB. </font>