PDA

View Full Version : tech help needed - multiple monitor questions...

stoxtrader
12-22-2004, 12:40 AM
I have my 2 DELL 2001FPs up and running and they are working very well.

I have downloaded ultramon and I've just finished my first 8 tabling sessino with no overlap. it went great except for one thing - some applications appear on one monitor while others appear on the other, how do i now/assign which is which?

also, if I open a notes file on the secondary monitor, it shows on the first, so i have to look back and forth to get notes from one table...

is there a way to have applications open on the monitor from which you opened them?

any other multi-monitor advice would be much appreciated!

cross posted in OOT.

thanks!

TobDog
12-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Im sure there is a better way, but I found this annoying. The only thing I could find to do was, other than to open all the stuff and drad it to which monitor I wanted was to, assign the monitors in settings. Make the one I use less as my primary, disable the 'other one', turn off and reboot the computer. Then whe the computer comes on, enable the second one, and everything shold start up on your 'primary' monitor.

tobdog

stoxtrader
12-22-2004, 12:16 PM
thanks for the reply - I think my problem is as you described - everything currently comes up on my left (primary) monitor, but when 8 tabling, I will open tables or notes on my right monitor, and its annoying to have them pop up on the left and have to continually drag - anyone else have a fix or does everyone just deal with this?

thanks.

MercTec
12-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Windows remembers the location of the app where you last closed it and will open the app in that window. For Party, it seems that no matter where you close the app, it will open in the window you originally opened it. I think this is because of their "Tell a friend" reminder. With most applications just close it out in the window you want it and thats where it will appear next time.

Adde
02-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Bump. Anyone know?

Adde

MowrMowr
02-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Here is one option:

web page (http://www.digitaltigers.com/tigervista_manager.shtml)

I'm sure there are other cheaper versions of this type of software around, although I don't know of any myself.