PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker Stats - Where to improve?

Roadstar
12-21-2004, 11:47 PM
First of all I know 1,000 hands is an extremely small sample (so win rates etc are not really useful) but I do want comments on which stats seems off and how to adjust my play accordingly. I'm hoping *some* of these stats will guide me in the right direction despite the small sample size Thanks!

Total Hands: 1,374

VPIP 21.69%
VPI from SB 43.83%

Saw Flop All Hands 28.24%
Saw Flop Not a Blind 18.86%

Att. To Steal Blinds 25% (7/28 times)
(I'll skip the details here because of the extreme small sample size)

Won $ When Saw Flop 33.51%
Amount Won 143.37
Win Rate Per 100 $10.43

Went to Showdown 38.14%
Won $ at SD 55.41%

Raised Pre-Flop 8.81%
Limp/Call Reraise PF 0%

First Action on Flop after a Pre-flop raise:

Raise = 15.7%
Bet - 62.81%
Call - 12.40%
Check - 4.96%
Check/Raise - 0.83%

No Flop - 2.48%

Aggression Factors

Flop - 2.34
Turn - 2.72
River - 2.24

Total - 2.42

Folded to River Bet - 54.05%

From the hands you guys analyzed, I've been told I'm too aggressive, is my aggression factor too high? if so which streets to improve on?

Should I work on lowering the VPIP and increasing PRF? Am I completing too much from the SB?

btspider
12-21-2004, 11:50 PM
there is a recent surge in posts with stats well below 10K. ppl used to get laughed at for posting stat posts with 7K hands.. now 2K seems to be the norm..

its too early to know anything, except perhaps PF stats... but just use a PF chart when you aren't sure about a decision..

milesdyson
12-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Too few hands, slightly too high VPIP, too high VP from SB, and possibly high aggression on the turn.

The small sample size, however, means that nothing anyone says really has any significance.

wabe
12-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Too early for deriving anything but "leak hands", I think. See the hands you're putting money into and compare them to the SSHE/WLLHE tables. Check losing hands to see if it was a bad beat, or if you chased something too far.

Roadstar
12-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Sorry guys I know its a small sample, but I'm hoping to improve before I get 50,000 hands and realize I'm -10BB/100 hands or something like that /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

So what are the ideal (approximate) percentages for the key stats like VPIP (20%?), VPISB (no idea?), PFR and aggression factors?

droolie
12-22-2004, 01:05 AM
The most important number here is 1,374.

You need to play more poker! Work on developing a winning style and play play play then play some more. The numbers will take care of themselves. They realy will.

I hope that all you guys who are really worrying about your stats will realize that they are meaningless. I have seen so many players with great stats but mediocre results. They are playing to some predetermined formula they think will give them some stamp of approval by these boards that they are in fact better than they really are. Work on getting a feel for the game, not getting your stats in order. You can have perfect stats but be poorly applying them. Develop a style that fits your personality and competitiveness/ risk tolerance. You may eventually find out that you're better suited to playing 6-max games or possibly NL.

I don't want to be a jerk here. I understand the desire to have someone look at your stats as soon as you get pokertracker going. I really do. I was tempted to do the same type of thread when I was just getting used to pokertracker. That being said try to resist the urge as all you'll get is disrespect and potentially damaging advice. I played for probably 30,000 hands before getting poker tracker and then posted a thread after 11,000 hands only to find out my numbers were out of line. I was winning at an unsustainable rate with "bad" numbers. If I had posted a thread in the beginning I may have been told to change before I was ready to change. That would have been a mistake.

The key here is that you need to focus on winning hands not putting up great stats. You can win with many different number sets. You can win playing too passive, too aggro, you can win playing too loose, too tight, you can win playing too weak but the reverse is also true, you can lose. I personally have won $ with VP$IP of 30% then 25%, and now 18%. I have won with "anemic" aggression numbers and have lost with great aggro numbers. This is not bragging this is designed to show you there is more than one way to skin cat. Don't let some micro fool wedge you into a box you may not be comfortable in. Remember some of the best players on this board have VP$IP close to 25%. If you study your ass off while playing 40,000 hands and aren't winning then a stats thread could possibly be a good start to finding leaks in your game. Don't let the numbers be a yardstick for your development as a player especially of your playing .50/1 party or below.

Just win baby.