PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw HU -- double paired board.

DeuceHigh80
12-21-2004, 10:53 PM
MP2 is pretty much an unknown -- less than one orbit, nothing spectacular. Table was loose -- 45% to the flop.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

I'm so averse to cold calling pre-flop and I hate to let AQs go but would this have been an appropriate cold call instead of a 3-bet?

Flop: (8.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero ?.

Stop and go from villain is a little strange -- a 2 or a jack both seem unlikely with the pre-flop action and no 3-bet on the flop. I have the odds to call one more bet here but should I let it go now?

DeuceHigh80
12-22-2004, 12:54 AM
bump...

Aaron W.
12-22-2004, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop and go from villain is a little strange -- a 2 or a jack both seem unlikely with the pre-flop action and no 3-bet on the flop. I have the odds to call one more bet here but should I let it go now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about this statement. Your question makes me think you're not convinced by your read and your logic. If you have odds to make your draw, why would you turn them down?

Since you 3-bet preflop and raised the flop, I think you can put in one more raise here. If you get raised, or if he bets into you on the river, give it up. Check behind on the river if you have the opportunity.

mr pink
12-22-2004, 02:43 AM
it's hard to put villain on a jack given the preflop raise, i think most would try and slowplay AJ or AJs on this board. i think you played this right but you're probably behind on the flop. there are a lot of micro player who are afraid to 3-bet the flop with an overpair but pull the SnG when the turn blanks out. i'm thinking KK or QQ since aces usually cap preflop. i'd just call here and hope the river makes the flush or another ace.

i'm pretty sure i'd raise the flop and try for the free card (as you did) , sucks you got SnG'd, but overall - nice hand. i think i'd fold on the river pretty easy to a bet if the flush didnt get there.

peace - jeff