PDA

View Full Version : ATo on the button

Redd
12-21-2004, 10:13 PM
So I played this hand this afternoon, was fairly lost, and when I went to post it, I noticed Zuluking's uncannily similar 'Tuesday Night Hand' post. It almost had me wondering if Zulu was slumming it in the Pacific nickel-tables for inspiration..

Zulu's hand doesn't have a turn decision, though, so I thought I'd fish for some opinions:

UTG is a LAG postflop (I'd seen him play bottom pair the same way as this an orbit ago), and preflop is about as close to a 2+2er as the microlimits get.
SB and button are typical micro calling stations.

Pacific $0.05/$.10 (8 Players)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif10/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, folded to Hero who <font color="red">raises</font>, Button cold-calls, SB cool-calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop comes 10/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players). SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, Button cold-calls, SB cold-calls,<font color="red">UTG 3-bets</font>, all call.

Turn comes J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players, 11BB in pot). SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, Hero...

Easy fold?

Stork
12-21-2004, 10:36 PM
I think the pot is too big to fold. I played a hand similar to this also at Pacific at these limits, practically the exact same situation. I folded, and the aggressor ended up winning with QTo /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Redd
12-21-2004, 11:04 PM
I see - so would you call or raise to buy the button?

Stork
12-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Raise to protect your hand.

Redd
12-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the input - if you're curious, I got confused and called it, SB called, then I folded the river when SB woke up. Turns out villain didn't have the jack (he called and mucked), but SP was slowplaying J-rag /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Redd

Stork
12-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Oh well, good thing you bailed then. SB really played this hand poorly.