PDA

View Full Version : Another turn action, Blindwar hand

Trix
12-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ?

Is this a good spot to check behind ?

If bet, what is then you actions if you get raised ?

TazQ
12-21-2004, 10:18 PM
No description of SB?

Bukem_
12-21-2004, 10:23 PM
I like checking here.

You definitely want a showdown here, betting out and getting raised would be horrible.

I would plan to call a bet on the river, and bet if checked to.

SmileyEH
12-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Am I nuts for wanting to 3-bet preflop in that spot?

-SmileyEH

Trix
12-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Dont remember, its a few weeks old, but you can tell for both passive and aggro :P

LA_Price
12-21-2004, 10:33 PM
just bet it. If you're check raised you can ditch the hand if the opponent is predictable. Then on the river I'd sometimes bet again sometimes check it back.

wheelz
12-21-2004, 11:58 PM
I always bet here and fold if raised by a predictable opponent. Don't know if that's right or not, but that's how I do it. Then I'll bet a blank on the river.

Against a tricky/aggro player I like just checking to induce a bluff on the river and avoid getting check-raised and put in a tough spot.

sublime
12-22-2004, 12:11 AM
rather passive player i bet, aggressive i check. unknown i would probably bet and fold to a raise.

LA_Price
12-22-2004, 12:23 AM
I like the idea of inducing a bluff better if your pair were kings rather than jacks.

imitation
12-22-2004, 01:19 AM
check. call a river bet. Just thought I should add this is against an unknown so I can get a read on potential steal hands or if they were setting up for a turn CR. Against passive bad player I will bet against trickier LAG I will check.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Can anyone offer anything on Smiley's suggestion? I don't see myself 3-betting that ever, but I'm wondering if others would.

Also, get on AIM and play some 5/10 again with me so you can sit on my right again and steal my blinds...again.

BradL
12-22-2004, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like checking here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a pair of kings or queens instead of jacks i think i would favor the check as well, however, with jacks i think that a bet is in order (w/o player description), if he can somehow figure out that you didnt just spike an ace and checkraise you with Kx or bottom pair then give him the hand.

-Brad

Gazza
12-22-2004, 05:29 AM
Quite a few posters suggest betting and folding to a raise. I really don't like that play. Let's face it, even the most credible and believable of poker players are not that trustworthy. Also it's not like it's a UTG raise here, its a battle of the blinds

If we bet and get raised the pot is now offering 7-1 to call. We are 8-1 to improve with the likelihood of picking up two more bets on the end (against the typical player).
Of course we won't win all the time when we hit two pair but we haven't even taken into account the times he is bluffing or semi-bluffing yet.
Of course that will cost us another bet on the end to find out so the odds are only around 4-1 on whether he is bluffing.

I'm sorry I can't do the maths now as I gotta start concentrating on my tourney (I was chip leader before I started writing this but been going down hill ever since)

Anyway, my least favourite approach is betting and folding to a raise, especially as our more observant opponents could pick up on this pattern.

I favour the other two approaches, betting out and calling down or checking behind and either calling or betting on the river.
The latter would be my default approach against good opponents

Gazza

Trix
12-22-2004, 12:51 PM
I dont use AIM, but I do like to steal blinds /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You sure that was me ?

Trix
12-22-2004, 01:25 PM
I bet and folded when he raised.

Think it´s better to check when I´m very close to having a call if he CRs