PDA

View Full Version : Turn action ?

Trix
12-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds, Hero ?

Or bet in the first place ?

aflaba
12-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Tough hand.

I'd bet and fold to a raise.

Here I am puzzled.
Calling it down seems best to me.

LA_Price
12-21-2004, 10:29 PM
shouldn't have checked

Alobar
12-21-2004, 11:45 PM
I raise this lots of times in this spot preflop.

I def bet the turn.

imitation
12-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Bet the turn I wouldn't want it checked through. I'm not sure what i'd do if it was raised, probably fold with out a read.

Trix
12-22-2004, 12:55 PM
I called down and he had T9o

I think I loose the same by betting though, unless he raises, which I can fold, but I assume noone is check-folding the river after getting called on turn.

So it really comes down to if I want to spend 2 BB trying to win a 3BB pot, I´m thinking maybe not ?

Alobar
12-22-2004, 04:52 PM
but there is a very good chance that your hand is ahead on the turn, so the bet prevents the free card. If he calls there is no guaruntee he will bet the river if you check

Trix
12-22-2004, 10:06 PM
You think im ahead often when called in two spots on a T33 board?

marand
12-23-2004, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that you are almost never ahead if your opponents are reasonable. Check/fold against them...

But on the other hand if your opponents will always call a single bet on the flop, then you will be ahead more often than not.

So I guess I would check/fold against "tight" players and bet/fold against loose callers.

Alobar
12-24-2004, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, against the typical retarded 5/10 players. A ten would have likely raised the flop, and a 3 will raise you on the turn, to which you can easily fold. With the flop only being Ten high I can see lots of players calling this flop with just overcards or even a naked ace.

chio
12-24-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I loose the same by betting though, unless he raises, which I can fold, but I assume noone is check-folding the river after getting called on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong reasoning. betting and folding to a raise on the turn is MUCH better than check calling it down

(1) you don't protect your very vulnerable hand if you're ahead
(2) you miss value bets from A high and small pocket pairs if your opp just check it down
(3) you lose the same if you're behind, as any T will be betting and any 3 will be raising, at which point you can fold

[ QUOTE ]
So it really comes down to if I want to spend 2 BB trying to win a 3BB pot, I´m thinking maybe not ?

[/ QUOTE ]
fine, if that's your analysis, then you must check with the intention of folding the turn. checking with the intention of calling is so much worse than betting, unless you specifically know your opponent to be a wild bluffer