PDA

View Full Version : Empire SW Update and "pauses" during all-in situation

Gramps
12-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Anyone else notice this today? Now if there's an all-in situation, there's a slight pause before the cards are flipped, and another slight pause before the cards are dealt. Haven't played Party yet to see if they've made the change also.

Even though things like this shouldn't matter...me thinks me likes it. One gripe I had about Party/Empire after switching over from Poker Stars (where's there's noticeable pauses to let you comprehend the situation) was the lightning speed at which all-in situations were dealt. There must have been complaints, b/c they used to not even flip the cards until the hand was over, and now they've added pauses as well.

Less of a shock to the system figuring out that your all-in has been called, and trying to see what you're up against with the cards already being speedily dealt and chips being pushed to one player before you've even comprehended what the heck is going on.

AncientPC
12-22-2004, 12:57 AM
I haven't logged on yet to any of the Party skins except update them, but I imagine this is across all the skins.

I find slowrolling particularly pointless.

Jurollo
12-22-2004, 03:09 AM
I hate it, I like to be able to read the board between streets to see where I am at. And go street by street like PS, this feels too much like pacific or true poker, me thinks me DON'T like it /images/graemlins/grin.gif
~Justin

AncientPC
12-22-2004, 03:13 AM
I stare at the board and keep repeating "No <scare card>" over and over (it usually doesn't work).

When this happens I usually time out at other tables as well.