PDA

View Full Version : PP10/20 2 hands...

DrGutshot
12-21-2004, 08:14 PM
1st hand, no reads.

DrG has A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB

UTG folds, Button calls, sb completes, DrG Raises, button+sb call.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, DrG checks, Button checks...

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, DrG bets, Button calls, SB folds

RiveR: T /images/graemlins/club.gif

DrG bets, Button raises, DrG...

3bet or call?

Hand 2)

DrG has K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button

UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, DrG Raises, SB folds, UTG calls, MP folds /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif CO calls.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, UTG Raises, DrG 3bets, BB calls, UTG Caps, DrG calls, BB calls.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, UTG raises, DrG.............

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks,

-DrG

SmileyEH
12-21-2004, 09:36 PM
I think you can 3bet on the first one. A two pair type hand is much more likely than a straight or a set.

Second one I would fold....someone almost surely has a straight on that board or a set.

-SmileyEH

aflaba
12-21-2004, 09:56 PM
1)
Here I would bet the flop. I would bet it 100% (no matter if I had an ace or not). I think it only looks suspicius when you don't bet at an A high flop after you raised preflop.

I would three-bet. You beat the probable hands AT, QT.
Only the less probable KJ beats you (and non-probable AA, QQ, 77, TT).

2)
Ouch.
I think you are pretty much always beat here.
BB bets again after it being capped on the flop (KQ?).
It is not usuall to cap (by UTG(straight as well?)) on the flop with only a pair.
I can't guarantee I would have folded. But I think folding is definetly the way to go.

edit after seing smileys post: Yeah, a set too seams probable for UTG.

wheelz
12-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Just like everyone else... I don't like not betting the flop on hand 1, but 3-bet the river, and fold hand 2.

DrGutshot
12-22-2004, 01:14 AM
Yes, it is blatantly obvious to us that a check on the flop is very suspicious. However, in my experience at 5/106max and 10/206max, the players simply don't catch on...they are not observant at all. This is one of the few flops I would check here...against smart players, I would bet this flop. However, these players had not shown any evidence as such, so I tried to trap...

thoughts?

-DrG

imitation
12-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Hand 1: Bet/bet/bet is my preferred line. 3-bet the river.

Hand 2: Fold and watch these guys for potential collusion....

Grisgra
12-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Hand #1: Obviously you have to worry about KJ, but I think I 3-bet. If it's capped, I guess you call, but you're probably beat. And I bet the flop.

Hand #2: The BB's lead is pretty weird. I think that one of them probably has two pair, I think you might have odds to draw out . . . I just hate laying this one down. But I always have way too much trouble laying down overpairs. But if the 10/20 is as aggressive as I hear, I think you have odds to keep going. (Bet no one else says that . . . guess it depends on reads.)

BradL
12-22-2004, 02:46 AM
Hand #1 bet the flop. period. as someone already said it only looks suspicious if you check the flop after raising in that spot. As for 3betting the river I think ur opponent hit two pair and your safe but if a cap would make you throw up then calling is ok .

Hand #2 Throw up and throw in your hand at the same time, someone almost definately has you beat with that action.

Ive been doing alot of throwing up recently in 10/20 6max.

-Brad

BradL
12-22-2004, 02:51 AM
There are some smart players playing 10/20 6max. A big part of beating that game is table selection and avoiding the other smart players. Assuming that you were at a table with non-thinking opponents i still see no reason not to bet out on the flop, I think that you will find that any pair of queens or aces will still call you down the majority of the time and raise it up if they spike a smaller two pair. I just cant find a good reason not to bet the flop, its just seems tricky for the sake of being tricky.

-Brad

ALL1N
12-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Coldcalling the flop raise in hand 2 is superior to 3-betting, imo.

Hand 1, if you want to get tricky, checkraise the turn.

DrGutshot
12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
hand 1, I 3bet, he caps, KJo, I lose.

hand 2, I fold, UTG wins with T7o, flopped straight.

I agree...betting the flop is probably the right thing to do in hand 1. However, don't you think a small PP might call me down if I check the flop?

thanks,
-DrG

BradL
12-22-2004, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree...betting the flop is probably the right thing to do in hand 1. However, don't you think a small PP might call me down if I check the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a small pp is calling down he is doing so wether you check the flop or not.

-Brad

DrGutshot
12-22-2004, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If a small pp is calling down he is doing so wether you check the flop or not.

-Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

touche

-DrG