PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker...

ddss6_99
12-21-2004, 08:09 PM
I have poker tracker, but how do I enable it to auto-import my hand histories into it's database while I'm playing. Any help would be appreciated.

btspider
12-21-2004, 08:11 PM
it varies by site.

i'd recommend searching existing topics here and at the pokertracker forums first. its been answered many times.

ddss6_99
12-21-2004, 08:15 PM
Party is the site and my fault for not searching first, sorry.

btspider
12-21-2004, 08:18 PM
party/empire/etc are easy.. just open the auto-import window in PT (2nd icon on the top.. also under File). add the hand history directories on your harddrive.

also be sure the skin is keeping hand histories locally (under 'options' -> "hand history something or another").

John Paul
12-21-2004, 08:40 PM
If you use Win98 you need to check the little box in the PT import window that says something about your PC not automatically updating the date or time.

Don't know about other operating systems

ddss6_99
12-21-2004, 08:59 PM
WHen I click on the icon you mentioned spider and try to import the hand histories I get this: 'Database Error - Unable to connect to the selected PokerRoom database file.

999 - An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the database driver." Any clue why?

mrpurple
12-21-2004, 09:59 PM
I think you are telling it import pokerroom histories not part histories. Click on the little lighning bolt icon for party.

If that's nor it email pokertracker Pat or try the support forums at pokertracker.com. Hope this helps.

droolie
12-21-2004, 10:10 PM
You have to go to the pokertracker.com forums and download some free updates and patches. It is a pain in the ass but all your questions are easily answered if you search the pt forum.

When your set with that get playerview or gametime running and you'll be kicking ass in no time.

Good luck!

ddss6_99
12-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Does it matter that I have the trial version ATM? I've been meaning to buy the full version anyway so I might just do that, only problem is that GameTime+ doesn't run on WIN98. Does Player View work w/ WIN98?

droolie
12-21-2004, 10:44 PM
I don't know...buy the full version though. It's the best investment you'll make pokerwise.

<--------Go to the software forum located over here! They'll answer all your playerview/ gametime questions. (I have XP)

ddss6_99
12-21-2004, 10:47 PM
I'd love to buy it now, but if I can't run either GameTime+ or PlayerView I might just be better off waiting until I get my new comp in a few months.

droolie
12-21-2004, 10:54 PM
No. Everyday you play without it you are losing money. You can use the external game window that comes with pokertracker until you get gametime or playerview. It is clunkier but gives the same critical info.

You should buy it and immediatley datamine (watch 4 tables continually when you're not playing) for the next week at least. Not doing this is akin to seeing a trial of money on the ground and not following it.

AlphaMeridian
12-21-2004, 11:13 PM
How do you get party to save the HH to the HD for PT to pick up if you're not sitting at the table? I'm _very_ interested in this datamining, since I just made a 1/2 bankroll, but I have 4k hands or so before I hit 10k.

Oh, and I concur. PT was a GIGANTIC help for me, even without Playertime or Gametime+ (I hadn't had the time to set them up, but soon I will, when I find this datamining techique).

-Alpha

droolie
12-21-2004, 11:34 PM
It does it automatically I think. It just saves them in a different part of your PP folder. When you set up the autorate function it walks you through this.

Pokertracker.com forums are great for all these questions. I set mine up long enough ago that I don't remember all the details enough to give great advice like they will in their forums.