PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions

jtnt1096
12-21-2004, 07:58 PM
I started out with $150 and planned on playing .01-.02 NL on Stars and building up a bankroll to move up.

Well, unfortunately I am down to $105 now and getting very depressed. I play solid hands and continue to get drawn out on. Today, I raised to .12 with AA and got two callers. Flop came A-4-9 rainbow. I made a pot sized bet. One player drops, one calls. Next card is a 7. I go all-in with $2.50 hoping to get him to call. Well, he does. River comes a 5. He shows 2-3 of hearts for a straight. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

I continually get drawn out on. Then to try to avoid that when I get AA or KK, I raise to .14-.20 and don't get callers and win a .03 pot. WOW!

Should I continue playing at this level and getting frustrated, so should I just deposit more money and try the .10-.25 levels?

I value all opinions. Thanks.

Entity
12-21-2004, 08:08 PM
You should not deposit more money until you can beat the lower levels consistently. Bad players just don't disappear; you simply need to know how to beat them.

Rob

TheWorstPlayer
12-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Agree 100%. I would say it is very hard to lose $50 playing .01/.02 and doing everything right. Although that AA hand is an unlucky break, maybe there are other hands you are unsure of your play on? Try posting a few and see what people think. I definitely would not move up unless I were beating the lower level.

Kaz The Original
12-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Dear jtnt1096 :

Please do not post bad beats on these forums, unless they contain some clever aspect of play. You bet huge, he called with an inside straight and cracked your set of aces. Imagine how it feels when you're playing 10/20, and it's runner runner. Except it doesn't feel like that, because you're up three racks already and it just kinda makes you smile.

So you're down and wondering what went wrong? Well, here's the good news. This forum can help you out on that. Ever get placed in a tricky spot, and don't know what to do? Ever wonder and wonder and wonder and then fold or call or raise or whatever? Those are the hands you want to post, keep the results out of them, and let's get you winning.

P.S. raise the same amount preflop with all hands.

tylerg
12-22-2004, 02:41 AM
PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND MOVE UP A NOTCH

sorry---thast mean but you might have a better time playing for more than pennies and i assure you the games up to 1/2 $ Blinds are very weak

soah
12-22-2004, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

sorry---thast mean but you might have a better time playing for more than pennies and i assure you the games up to 1/2 $ Blinds are very weak

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't beat the .01/.02 games then there's no way you should move to stakes one hundred times larger. That's a great way to turn a $50 loss into a $5000 loss.

TheWorstPlayer
12-22-2004, 02:55 AM
If the games all the way up to $1/$2 are very weak, then he should expect the same results, at all of them, right? Unless you are suggesting that the $1/$2 games are much weaker than the $.01/.02 games?

Skjonne
12-22-2004, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely 100% correct. And once you're there, you might as well take at shot at 2/4. Heck, what's the difference between 2/4 and 3/6? By induction you'll be playing 25/50 by New Years Eve </sarcasm>

@OP: Listen to all the other posters. Beat 'em one level at at time. Post hands. Learn. Never ever move up from a level, where you're losing.