PDA

View Full Version : AA, paired board, nut flush made on river.

Entity
12-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Opponent is loose-passive-passive. (61.5/0/.64).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB

MoDOH
12-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Looks fine. I would have played this exactly the same. The only hands that you lose to are 89 and 99 and I think at least 89 should have made a move on the Turn...

Entity
12-21-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine. I would have played this exactly the same. The only hands that you lose to are 89 and 99 and I think at least 89 should have made a move on the Turn...

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget 83o.

Rob

lil'
12-21-2004, 07:59 PM
If he is loose passive, what do you put him on when he raises the flop? A flush draw or an 8. By the time the turn rolls around, you can't beat either one. I'd check the turn. If you are losing, you save a bet. If you are ahead, a free card really can't hurt you much.

I don't have pocker tracker, so I don't know what the numbers up top mean.

Entity
12-21-2004, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he is loose passive, what do you put him on when he raises the flop? A flush draw or an 8. By the time the turn rolls around, you can't beat either one. I'd check the turn. If you are losing, you save a bet. If you are ahead, a free card really can't hurt you much.

I don't have pocker tracker, so I don't know what the numbers up top mean.

[/ QUOTE ]
CO is LAG, Button is LP-P.

Rob

private joker
12-21-2004, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget 83o.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Qua? He's beat by 88, 99, 33, 22, 89, 83, 82. But I don't think anyone has those. He just got over excited with his K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Entity
12-21-2004, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget 83o.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Qua? He's beat by 88, 99, 33, 22, 89, 83, 82. But I don't think anyone has those. He just got over excited with his K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem. Like I said. Don't forget 83o. Maybe he heard the song.

MoDOH
12-21-2004, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
88, 99, 33, 22, 89, 83, 82

[/ QUOTE ]

You are of course right. What I meant was that 99 or 89 are the only likely holdings. since any of the others surely would have raised this turn...
89 could have been scared of the flush and thus not raised there but when the 9 popped up on the river he went for it.

It must be a very bad player NOT to raise all those other hands you mentioned on the turn...

private joker
12-21-2004, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

89 could have been scared of the flush and thus not raised there but when the 9 popped up on the river he went for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and you know the more I look at this hand, the more I think button has 89. He limped preflop, and he was going to raise the flop when he hit trip 8s but it was bet and raised before it even got to him. He cold-called thinking he may be up against a bigger 8. Then the flush came and he got scared again. Then he spiked his 9 on the river and came out blasting.

sthief09
12-21-2004, 08:21 PM
hey, what's he raising on the river with that you beat?

Entity
12-21-2004, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, my thoughts at the time would be anything including the K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. This is why I posted the hand though -- having a tough day today (Aces cracked 4 times, all my big hands losing at 2/4), and wanted to see if I was being overaggro as a response, or if my play looked reasonable.

Rob

private joker
12-21-2004, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SomethingClever
12-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Some people like slowplaying more than they like money, and Button's repeated coldcalling makes me think he's one of these noobs.

I probably just call the river, but I suspect it's close.

uw_madtown
12-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Anyone consider check-raise-calling the river? I'd imagine anyone with a diamond will pop you on the river when the 4th diamond hits and you show sudden weakness, as well hands that have you beat. I think you can then raise, expecting to be called by all sorts of diamonds. If 3-bet, then you can just call.

I just don't see a K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif capping this. I mean, since you're in that position, Ent had to call it. But a check-raise-call would keep it to 3-bets, which is the most I think you really want to pay here.

BottlesOf
12-21-2004, 09:30 PM
There's no way I'm not 3-betting this. Although, when he caps it, I figure I could very well be [censored].

Entity
12-21-2004, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone consider check-raise-calling the river? I'd imagine anyone with a diamond will pop you on the river when the 4th diamond hits and you show sudden weakness, as well hands that have you beat. I think you can then raise, expecting to be called by all sorts of diamonds. If 3-bet, then you can just call.

I just don't see a K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif capping this. I mean, since you're in that position, Ent had to call it. But a check-raise-call would keep it to 3-bets, which is the most I think you really want to pay here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that'd be great if there's a chance it'll be bet for me. But I've got the nuts, and it's a scary board, and the LAG knows his pair of 2's isn't good -- and the LP-P won't bet very many hands here.

Yeah, this hand sucked. I just had Aces cracked 4 out of the last 5 times, and KK beat (by 56s) right afterward. Ugh, tough evening.

Anyway, thanks y'all. Just making sure I'm not responding to bad beats with too much aggression.

Rob

chesspain
12-21-2004, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget 83o.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and 22, for flopped, slowplayed boat. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

uw_madtown
12-21-2004, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that'd be great if there's a chance it'll be bet for me. But I've got the nuts...

[/ QUOTE ]

bwah? No you don't. No wonder you keep getting Aces cracked.

My line may suck though. I dunno. It seems good in my head for the moment, but I could be totally wrong.

Entity
12-21-2004, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that'd be great if there's a chance it'll be bet for me. But I've got the nuts...

[/ QUOTE ]

bwah? No you don't. No wonder you keep getting Aces cracked.

My line may suck though. I dunno. It seems good in my head for the moment, but I could be totally wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, typed that out too quickly.

"I've got the nut flush..." -- meaning that I'm going to be ahead more often than not, and my hand won't get bet for me most of the time.

Rob

uw_madtown
12-21-2004, 10:28 PM
You don't think a decent diamond (9+) will bet this river when you suddenly put the breaks on? A river check on that board from you screams of "OH F*CK I DON'T HAVE A DIAMOND, MY OVERPAIR NO GOOT". I figure a diamond 9+ bets, and anything smaller probably folds to your continued betting, ne?

Entity
12-21-2004, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't think a decent diamond (9+) will bet this river when you suddenly put the breaks on? A river check on that board from you screams of "OH F*CK I DON'T HAVE A DIAMOND, MY OVERPAIR NO GOOT". I figure a diamond 9+ bets, and anything smaller probably folds to your continued betting, ne?

[/ QUOTE ]A diamond 9+ may bet, but a non-diamond, non-boat won't, and from this guy (who just called with his board on the turn), I'm doubting he'd bet much of anything outside maybe the Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif+. I'm seriously doubting he'd bet trips here.

Rob

SCfuji
12-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Opponent is loose-passive-passive

i think you went a bit agro on the river, but then again maybe i would too... i just dont like it when passives like their hand. did he table 89?

Entity
12-21-2004, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Opponent is loose-passive-passive

i think you went a bit agro on the river, but then again maybe i would too... i just dont like it when passives like their hand. did he table 89?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he tabled 83o. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rob

cnfuzzd
12-22-2004, 03:40 AM
Im not saying i wouldnt play it the same way, but an EXTREMELY loose, EXTREMELY passive player raised you on the river. In theory, i think you could place him on such a wide range of hands that perhaps just calling the raise would be more EV than 3betting. The only reason i think this is true is that it is NOT correct to fold to the cap. Check raising is also out since your opponent is passive, and may not bet your hand for you. From a theoretical standpoint, i think it is correct to not 3bet with the nut flush. Given the size of the pot, you dont want to put yourself in the position where folding is correct. 3 betting does that.

peace

john nickle