PDA

View Full Version : AA in the SB

zephyr
12-21-2004, 06:08 PM
First time poster on the SS limit forum so bear with me. I'm a long time succesful SNG and NL ring player, and I've decided to work on my limit game. I've been reading through some posts on this forum and have to say that I'm impressed by all the feedback people seem to get. Great posts; great responses. So I've decided to play 10,000 or so hands of 2/4 on party just to see if my limit game is any good at all.

This hand was the 5th hand at the table. Table seemed pretty standard, but then again, I'm likely not a great judge of what a "standard" 2/4 table is like. I picked a relatively straight forward hand as to make my entrance into this forum a gentle one.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (20 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

private joker
12-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Seems alright. I'd guess BB has KK and had to call down. I don't think I'd cap the flop when UTG+1 3-bet. He was quiet PF so he could have a 6. The turn might be time to slow down, but it really would depend on a read of UTG+1.

Munga30
12-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forum.

BB gets the hint from your flop/turn action and decides to call down with his KK-TT. UTG+1 has god knows what to limp-(call 3) preflop, three-bet the flop, and raise the turn. Maybe 98h makes sense, but even then why not pop it again on the turn? If you chose not to while believing you are ahead, why lead out on the river. The J is not scary enough to kill a check-raise opportunity, is it? You must not think you're behind to have bet the river, right?

I would have three bet the turn or check-raised the river or just called down, if I was concerned about UTG+1 flopping a boat with 77 or 76s.

wuwei
12-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Why bet the river? That's the only part of this that seems clearly bad to me. UTG+1 keeps trying to tell you that an overpair is no goot. I'm not advocating a fold, but without a good read on UTG+1 check/call on the river seems to clearly be the right play.