PDA

View Full Version : JT suited?!?!?! Early Position?!?!?! No Way?!?!?!

RudeboyOi
12-21-2004, 06:04 PM
i was recently playing $3/6 limit holdem on party poker the other day and this hand came up.

i had JT suited in early position and i normally would drop the hand but i noticed two players just posted out of position plus the big blind and myself so at least four players would be in the pot and i figure other players would be enticed to call. JT suited plays well in multiway pots so i figured id get a big family pot here.

so anyways UTG folds it gets to me i limp in with [Jh Th]. there are two more limpers and the OOP posters just check. it gets to the sb who raises. the big blind folds and everyone else calls.

flop comes [6h Qh Kh] giving me a flush. small blind bets out. i call trying to entice others behind me to call and suprisingly only get one caller.

turn comes [3c]. small blind bets out again. i raise. the one caller calls two more bets. the small blind folds.

the river comes [6d]. should i bet out or check and call?

also should i have raised on the flop or even played this hand to begin with?

Lost Wages
12-21-2004, 06:34 PM
As the old saying goes; "If you can't play X from early position then you need to find another table." JTs on Party 3/6 qualifies as an X. The 2 posters make it a no brainer, in fact, someone will probably say to raise.

On the flop, raise. The pot is big, if you get 2 players to call 2 bets that's the same as 4 players calling 1 bet. If you just smooth call and get some callers then you are in the same position on the turn. Your opponents are more likely to play back at you if you raise the flop than if you call the flop and raise the turn, that screams flush.

Super easy river bet.

Lost Wages