PDA

View Full Version : Ultimatebet deposit bonus question

thebroker
12-21-2004, 05:55 PM
I just made a deposit for the cdbonus. If you haven't made a deposit in awhile they sent out cd's with the software and offered $100 bonus dollars for $100 or more deposit. How long should it take before they credit my account with the bonus after I emailed them? Thanks in advance.

AncientPC
12-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Don't know about the mail-in code.

Too many people have too much UB bonus money anyway. I myself have over $700 bonus money sitting there at UB.

blendedsuit
12-21-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm afraid to tell you that you got tricked. If you look at the CD they sent you you'll notice on the disc it says initial deposit only. The mailer is very misleading because on the inside where all the legalese is there is no mention of that requirement. Not to mention, most people receiving this UB disc alraedy have UB installed on their computers.

Fortunately, UB gives out bonus dollars like no tomorrow. If you email them they probably will credit your account regardless, at a 50% bonus rate. Let me know how it goes. =]

Pokeraddict
12-22-2004, 01:35 AM
They have a 50% reload up to $100 going right now anyway so I am sure you will get this when you deposit.

Why does everyone bitch about the UB bonus?
I clear $100 in a day. Play 2/4-3/6 6 max multi table and it goes fast, 1/2 6 max isnt even that bad.

AncientPC
12-22-2004, 02:24 AM
With the exception of starting up tables, the tables needs to pay $10 in rake to clear $1 bonus money. In essence it's a 10% rakeback which is less than what people get just playing on Party / Empire anyway where the games are fishier.

playersare
12-22-2004, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone bitch about the UB bonus?
I clear $100 in a day. Play 2/4-3/6 6 max multi table and it goes fast, 1/2 6 max isnt even that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the UB bonus is not terrible...but it could be better. for the sites that award player points based on dollars raked per hand (as opposed to EVERY raked hand), Ultimate Bet is towards the low end of the bonus earning scale.

Here are the bonus earning rates for the major sites which award 1 PP for a hand that rakes at least $1:
Poker Stars - 5 Raked Dollars = $1 bonus
Bodog - 5 RD = $1 bonus
Pokerroom - 7 RD = $1 bonus
Ultimate Bet - 10 RD = $1 bonus
Full Tilt - 16+ RD = $1 bonus

the lower earnings value of UB points is offset somewhat by the fact that you can wager and accumulate the points themselves through live table play, and there are more PP tourneys on UB than most any other site as well.

TimoneX
12-22-2004, 05:55 PM
I don't have a big problem with UBs bonus bucks. It does tend to take awhile at the low limit tables I play but it's my fave place to play since I got ahold of a way to save hand histories automatically.

In reference to the bonusCD I too got one and when I was tired and grumpy the other day I sent them a none too friendly appreciation email and got this reply:

Hello,

I am sorry you have jumped to the conclusion that we are trying to deceive you. These CD’s were sent to inactive accounts. For some odd reason your account was included in our mailing, even though you were not inactive.

It has always been our possible to take responsibility for our errors. We have accordingly credited your account with 50 bonus dollars to match 100% of your last deposit. If you would like to top that up for the maximum bonus, we will gladly do this for you.

I apologize for any inconvenience

Erika