PDA

View Full Version : Another interesting turn spot in a small pot

Munga30
12-21-2004, 05:38 PM
There seems to be several of these today. Villian is loose before the flop (40%) and has been on a rush. He bets what's checked to him on the flop, but slows down against resistance unless he's got a lot of hand. When he does, he's aggressive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO <font color="#A500AF">(Villian)</font> calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO <font color="#A500AF">(Villian)</font> calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, Villian calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, Hero ...

Thoughts?

Lost Wages
12-21-2004, 06:05 PM
I really don't like the preflop raise. If you could isolate a single truly terrible player then it would be OK.

The flop bet is marginal, if you think that you can see two cards by betting then it's OK.

Not quite sure what you are thinking on the turn. The pot isn't large and you can't even beat ace high. You have maybe 3-5 outs depending on what your opponents hold. If you hit your gutshot you could fill a boat for someone holding a QJ.

Lost Wages

Munga30
12-22-2004, 10:31 AM
The preflop raise is not so great but it's what makes the turn a little more interesting (so I thought) than some of the other turn decision hands posted yesterday because the pot is a little bigger.

I did think I would get two cards by flop betting, so that's not worth much comment.

I hear you loud and clear about the turn considerations as I did fold. It just bugs me that he didn't bet the flop when I think he would have had he a Q. That leads me to think he's getting cute once it's heads-up and a scare card (for AA and KK) comes? I don't have necessary info for this player, but, generally, if I pop it here will I still get curiousity calls from players like this one on the river with busted draws? Would you call down with TT in this spot because it at least beats the draws?

Lost Wages
12-22-2004, 12:13 PM
On the turn he could be bluffing the scare card, though if that's the case it's more likely that he is trying to get AK to fold than AA/KK as that would be unusual headsup.

The other possibilities are; 1) He has a queen and is afraid that you will check behind 2) He has a 9, 4, or medium pocket pair and the second queen convinces him that may have the best hand so he bets likely intending to fold to a raise.

If you had TT, I think you would have to call down.

Lost Wages