PDA

View Full Version : Moderately coordinated flop. Push?

Bigdaddydvo
12-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi all. 10+1 Party. Blinds 15/30.

Chips

Dvo: 770
Villian: 900

Villian raises UTG to T60. Dvo in the SB raises to T150 w/A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB folds, Villain calls. 330 in the pot.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Dvo pushes, Villian calls.

Anyone else try something else like a pot sized bet? There were enough chips in the pot that I want to win right there, and I think a push does the best job. With the min raise, I put him on a mid pair. TT and QQ were small concerns. KK and AA unlikely, since I had both a K and an A. Also thought AA would reraise all in before the flop.

Anyway, I'd appreciate a comment on preflop and postflop play.

parappa
12-21-2004, 07:13 PM
I think that this is a very interesting hand, and would like to see other opinions on it.

Preflop is on thehigh end of fine. Perhaps a good case could be made for a smaller reraise preflop, the reason being that the pot is somewhat smaller on the flop if you get a nightmare flop and end up having to give up, but probably not as the pot being 50 chips smaller here wouldn't matter.

Since you've put in a good reraise and he's called it but not pushed, it is possible, I think, to narrow down his range of hands somewhat, but not all that much at 10+1. I'd probably want to rule out AA and KK because he could've gotten you all-in preflop. The problem is that most of the hands we can most likely put him on (QQ-TT, AK, perhaps AQ and KQ) are really bad for us. Of course, he could just have garbage as well.

This is a really bad flop, and in a nutshell it's the difference between Party and Stars. At Stars it's easy to bet out 330 and see what happens. Here there's 330 in the pot and you've got (I think) about 620 in your stack. You can't make a 330 bet then fold.

Saving chips by underbetting the pot is no better than checking.

I like checking here and seeing what he does, and probably lay it down to a big enough bet.

Strollen
12-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I like checking the flop also and then pushing if the turn is a blank A, K, or J. I wouldn't call an all it but I would call a min raise. (Yes lots of people will bet <100 in this situation.)