PDA

View Full Version : lucky streaks

06-30-2002, 12:06 PM
What is the longest streak of bad luck you have had? I managed to suffer at least two huge bad beats and lots of other minor ones last night for a total loss of over two hundred dollars in a little under four hours playing 1-5 anytime. I played perfectly from all I could tell, and never felt like I was on tilt, til the end, when he drew out three nines on the river against my kings up (betting five every card). I took the fifty I had left and went home. I think of it as a rite of passage, and a reminder that there is still some luck involved, but I was just wondering, what is the worst that can happen when you have the best of it, and catch cards, and the gods just seem to be angry.

Thanks for any reply.

[the worst part was when the old "two pair, eights and eights line" was used on my ace-king flush, after no pairs were showing]

07-01-2002, 05:00 AM
well, you obviously weren't playing perfectly if you lost 200, not to say that you were playing terrible, but that's pretty harsh loses for 1-5 spread. You have to take into account that asshole's are going to draw out on you, but when you are betting 5 every time with kings up after 5th street and they call you with nines, you should feel like a winner even thought he got his last nine. It would have been your fault to make it free, but in 1-5, sometimes i bet 2 or 3 to represent, rather to show i'm trying to buy it. People get more scared when they think you are begging for their money, rather than bullying them.

07-10-2002, 06:41 PM
That's something I hadn't usually considered doing. But he was playing loose, and technically I wanted him to call, I had odds enough for him to call with no pairs on board, and me holding top and second pair. The sting has mostly gone now, and I took him for thirty or so since then, so I'm slowly climbing back up that great big hill.

Thanks for the reply.