PDA

View Full Version : 3rd nut, check call down?

TightIsRight
12-21-2004, 04:52 PM
My first hand posting, do your worst gentlemen.

I’ll save you all the trouble and go right ahead and say that I should have folded before the flop. I think I'm playing way too recklessly (maybe I was drunk /images/graemlins/crazy.gif). Have at me…

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Looking back on it, I think I should I have check/called the Turn. Am I way off? Then, do I check/call the river again? These one card flushes are tough for me.

Thanks

DMBFan23
12-21-2004, 05:04 PM
yeah, seems like on the turn we're either way ahead or way behind, I'd check call it from here, and bet the river if he checks behind.

realbad101
12-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Your line is fine. This is an easy call pre-flop from the BB. Leading out on the flop with your overs and flushdraw is good. Betting a Queen high flush on the turn is fine. Call the raise, check call the river. Good hand.

Smasharoo
12-21-2004, 05:18 PM
This is an easy call pre-flop from the BB.

No it isn't. It's junk here.

VBM
12-21-2004, 05:50 PM
i dislike hands like QJo in EP in a raised pot, for this very reason as it's a dominated hand.

since you did play it, try and take a more passive line check-calling from the turn down. maybe you got lucky and villain is spazzing out trying to force his set or a pair of aces or kings, neither a /images/graemlins/spade.gif, but i think you lose here more often than not.

--oj.

TightIsRight
12-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Villain shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Absent this info though, I can still see playing the Turn w/ either a check-call or leading, though I think check calling is probably better here (which is, of course, what I did not do).

Nonetheless, thanks for the feedback.

SoCalPat
12-21-2004, 09:09 PM
You would need many more players in this hand, and/or a slightly better one than QJo to call a raise here from the blinds.

UTG raises and several cold-call, I'm in. If I'm holding QJs, I'm in.

Assuming no reraise behind you, you're getting 6-1 to call the raise. Not nearly enough to get the straight or flush draw you want -- which is about the only hand you can win with this dominated holding.

TightIsRight
12-21-2004, 09:24 PM
yeah, I agree. . .

[ QUOTE ]
I’ll save you all the trouble and go right ahead and say that I should have folded before the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]