PDA

View Full Version : Low set against two to flush on flop

ThePenguin
12-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Party Poker 2/4. This hand sparked some debate at the table. What I'm most interested in is the flop play, but please critique the rest of the hand as well. MP2 is calling station and button is a predictable TA-N. The others are LP.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (14 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Fat Nicky
12-21-2004, 03:14 PM
I don't see a problem her. What was the debate about?

ThePenguin
12-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Button had critiqued me the previous hand (also set of fours!) for not raising the flop. Basically went, "you deserve to lose if you don't knock others out on the flop". I didnt think that re-raising to three on flop would knock out a flush draw, and my hand would be much stronger on the turn if a blank hit. Also, check-raising the turn became an issue. I thought a check-raise would be best to add value to pot and possible knock out a draw, but if no one bets they get a free card. Basically trying to make the odds as bad as they can be for a flush draw in this type of hand.

ghostface
12-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I see nothing wrong with this but I would try to c/r the flop.

spydog
12-21-2004, 04:03 PM
I think you need to 3-bet the flop and lead the turn because of the flush draw. With any luck, the button will cap and then you can go for your CR on the turn. You will be sick to your stomach if the turn gets checked thru based on how you played it.