PDA

View Full Version : Push EV Spreadsheet

El Maximo
12-21-2004, 02:50 PM
I wanted to get a better understanding of Push EV against several different ranges of hands. Instead of placing villains as tight, average, or loose callers, I took a look at stack sizes. So I went through my hand histories and wrote down hands that small, medium, and large stacks would call all-ins with when 4-6 handed. This gave me a rough idea of the calling ranges by stack size at the 10+1 Sngs. I than calculated the Push EV for 5 and 10BB from the SB and Button against these hand ranges. Ive done the same thing with calling all-ins from the BB. I have 3 raising hand ranges and calculated the pot odds of calling an all-in from the BB at 9,7,5, and 3 BB. Anyone who wants to take a look I can send you the file or we can post the spreadsheet here if someone is willing to host it.

Disclaimers:

1. Calculations may or may not be correct. The push EV from the Button was done using the same calling range for both the SB and BB. I didnt calculate the chances that both call you.

2. The calling ranges are probably looser than the norm and the raising ranges are tighter than the norm.

3. They spreadsheet could be layed out better. I did this quickly. Anyone who cares to expand on it is welcome.