PDA

View Full Version : Quick opinions on how to play this hand better?

MitchVW
12-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Would like some opinions on if I played this hand correctly, should I have moved in earlier? Or All-in later?

Thanks!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($23.75)
SB ($53.3)
BB ($8.65)
UTG ($11.9)
Hero ($20.8)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($12) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($12) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, Button calls $10.

Final Pot: $32

AZK
12-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Seems fine, what's the point of the preflop minraise, if I was at your table I would come over the top with anything if I had position. Flop fine, I might even overbet in a scenario like this if I know who I'm playing against and know they love their draws. I'd be the turn here too, button hasn't really told you anything. What do you do on the river if he pushes all in. You gotta call I think, so why not bet the turn? You have to be pretty sure you're hand is good to be this big on the river. I imagine that you either got showed Ax for two pair maybe or a baby flush...

MitchVW
12-21-2004, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems fine, what's the point of the preflop minraise, if I was at your table I would come over the top with anything if I had position. Flop fine, I might even overbet in a scenario like this if I know who I'm playing against and know they love their draws. I'd be the turn here too, button hasn't really told you anything. What do you do on the river if he pushes all in. You gotta call I think, so why not bet the turn? You have to be pretty sure you're hand is good to be this big on the river. I imagine that you either got showed Ax for two pair maybe or a baby flush...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply, the check on the turn was me checking to see if he made a flush on the turn. Table was playing pretty loose on just about any hand, so I expected a bet from him if he had made it. The $10 bet was about 95% of his pot, I was trying to keep from scaring him off with a All-in and not making anymore on the pot on the river. I ended up winning the hand, he had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif/J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, suprised he called the last bet to be honest. Thanks!

soah
12-21-2004, 05:23 PM
On the turn you have many outs against a flush, and your check may cause him to bet with hands that you're already ahead of. I can't really see folding to a bet under those conditions. So I'd go ahead and bet the turn rather than letting him check behind with a hand like A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif which would be drawing very live against you. Another spade coming on the river will at least kill your action if it doesn't beat you.

BuddahShark
12-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Good stuff. Id probably bet the turn though. By checking it you dont find out much about his hand and you give a free card to a hand with a spade. If you bet it, and he raises you can consider folding depending on your read of this guy. As for the min raise, i like it with trips, you wouldnt mind someone coming over the top, it gives you a chance to push back and you dont scare him off early by pushing first.

MitchVW
12-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Cool deal, thanks for the opinions. I definantly see what ya'll are saying with betting the turn, Ill keep that in mind for sure.

TheWorstPlayer
12-21-2004, 06:19 PM
The min raise was preflop. Do people read the hands before they comment?

MitchVW
12-21-2004, 07:38 PM
I was assuming they were talking about the raise after the flop, guess its all a matter of who you ask as it being a mini raise or not. The one before the flop, yes of course.

TheWorstPlayer
12-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't see a raise after the flop?

MitchVW
12-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Here is another one from tonight, a lot like the last situation. Played better than last one?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($13.7)
UTG ($94.09)
MP ($20.45)
Hero ($33.1)
Button ($2.1)
SB ($37.99)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50.

Turn: ($5.50) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, Button folds, BB calls $1.50, UTG folds, MP calls $1.50.

River: ($10) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: $20

MitchVW
12-22-2004, 12:31 AM
I think I played to soft after the flop, but again, trying not to scare a pair off or something. Should I bet heavier there anyways?

Jonny
12-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Bet more or go for a C/R. Betting that small is not good. I'd probably go for a flop C/R, or if sucessful, lead 2/3 the pot on the turn.

If it whiffs, bet pot on the turn.

TheWorstPlayer
12-22-2004, 12:36 AM
I would bet more on the flop and the turn and a bit less (percentage-wise) on the river.

soah
12-22-2004, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I played to soft after the flop, but again, trying not to scare a pair off or something. Should I bet heavier there anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

If betting more than 50 cents on the flop is going to cause people to fold everything less than two pair, then your optimal strategy for this game should be to play every single hand and bluff at every single flop.

MitchVW
12-22-2004, 11:20 AM
That is almost how it seemed, the table was playing pretty loose on their card selection, but folding to even small bets on the flop. I guess thats just the nature of a lot of the $25 NL 6max tables..