PDA

View Full Version : Board Pairs and you get check raised with overpair

lehighguy
12-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Two hands Party 5/10 6 max
Table of VERY Loose fish. They play any two cards, see 60-70% of flops. They also stay in for flop and turn with nothing or next to nothing.

Hand 1:
Hero: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG. Raises
ALL 5 other players cold call (they do this alot, there is table chatter and I think they are all trying to one up eachother).

Flop: 3,6,9 rainbow
Blinds check to hero, Hero bets, 3 of them call.
Turn:9
Checked to hero, hero bets, all fold to BB who raises.
Hero: ???
(i feel i should fold cause he has the nines but why wouldnt he bet them on the flop. then again this table of fish has been acting incredibly random)

Hand 2:
Hero is UTG with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero raises, all 5 call.

Flop is J, 7, 2 rainbow. Hero bets, 3 call.
Turn is 7. Hero bets, one calls.
River is 4. Hero bets, Button raises.
Hero (knows he would cold call with two rags and stay in one second pair bad kicker):

Mr. Graff
12-21-2004, 05:47 PM
I think you have to call him down in hand 1 unless you have an exceptionally good read on him. It's a golden steal situation for him (big pot, only you left). Chances are he would played the flop differently if he had a hand that beat you here.

Hand 2 you are probably beat (no apparent draws) but given the pot size I would call this (again unless he is exceptionally predictable). Also, he could have an unlikely two pair J4/J2/42 that you beat because the board paired. Fish tend to overlook those and give you too much action on them.

naphand
12-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Take the time to format your hand histories better (look for some of the "converted" party hands for an idea of how they should look, nicely separated, all suits clear, number of players per street, size of pot). Keep you commentary separate from the hand details.

If you do this, you will get a better response. With so many posts being made, I simply do not bother with those posters who cannot take the time to present their hands in a way that makes viewing easy.

Benjamin
12-22-2004, 11:59 AM
I don't think you lose much if anything by calling down here, and I'd do it on both every time unless I had a strong player specific read to act on.

B.