PDA

View Full Version : Since its safe for now in here?

10-02-2001, 02:05 AM
Mason,

Why are the IP addresses are being shown only in the Internet room? That seems like a really bad idea, not like any of us really need to know where someone is logged on from. As others pointed out there could be harm in posting, but when you think about it what is the good in it?

I invite the others in here to look and see what has happened to the internet poker room and read the threads about posting the addresses. Then post your opinion here, where it is safe for now, that questions why its necessary.

10-02-2001, 02:31 AM
I think that it is because there has been lots of people on that page posting that they plan on colluding/cheating in online poker. Maybe they figure if the IP is tracked that maybe any possible cheaters can also be tracked.

10-02-2001, 03:14 AM
I think it's a terrible move and that's why I'm not posting there anymore. Even more annoying is the fact that all posts, even ones posted before the IP addresses were being shown, are not showing the IP address of the poster.

So what if some yahoo claims he's going to cheat on PP. I could go on there and claim I'm psychic and can read my opponent's minds. Who cares? If the posts are not on topic or they deserve to be removed, I don't have any problem with removing them. But to expose everyone's IP, it's not necessary. I won't be posting on that forum ever again because of the retro-active IP exposure that occured to me without warning. So maybe I'm overly paranoid, I have that right.

I'm just waiting for the IRS to request 2+2 track all the IP addresses of everyone who claims to be a winning gambler. I'm assuming Mason would let us know if that information was ever subpenaed.

natedogg

10-02-2001, 03:15 AM
nt