PDA

View Full Version : hand analysis plz

winky51
12-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (15 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

I felt uneasy about this hand but felt the pot was right to call. I was getting 13:2 preflop in the small blind for that crap hand but with the flush and miricle draw it adds up to 15.3% chance (5.5:1 odds) to hit a flop I like.

Comments?

runa
12-21-2004, 01:46 PM
I can't believe you didn't CR the river.

sfer
12-21-2004, 01:48 PM
I would fold preflop. I complete any two suited in the SB in a 1/2 blind structure but not 1/3 or 2/5.

mistrpug
12-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Fold preflop, but it's close I guess. I'd probably call J7s.

I go for the check/raise on the flop. Not a big deal if it gets checked through, since you're drawing and the pot in small. I want to build a big pot with my big draw.

Given that you bet the flop and then you still have a great draw, I's bet the turn again.

River is close. BB has been calling the whole way, so a flush is a definite possibility after he comes alive on the river. I'm not crazy about your jack-high flush but I still raise it.

winky51
12-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Yea this whole hand was a tough call but the table was full of calling stations and VERY LOOSE. I mean 4-5 people in every hand. So I figured if Something came on the flop on interest I would get implied odds. With so many flop callers though I thought that I was behind on my flush draw. I like to bet out my draws because fish wont put you on the flush. The call 2/3 of a bet in the SB was marginal and I was iffy about doing it. Implied odds and the table pushed my judgement over the edge.

mistrpug
12-21-2004, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I figured if Something came on the flop on interest I would get implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
With so many flop callers though I thought that I was behind on my flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two statements contradict each other somewhat. Most of the value of a hand like J6s is the flush draw. If you suspect you're draw is not good, so much so that you play the hand timidly, you do not have good implied odds. Do you see why?

As it is, I think your flush draw is good way better than not. If I'm playing that hand, I'm not suspecting my flush is beat until I'm 3-bet on the river.

private joker
12-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Bet the turn again. There's no reason to think your 15 outs aren't still clean. The 5 may have given someone trips but trips doesn't hurt your straight or flush potential at all; and a boat is unlikely with few people bothering to play Q5, 85, or 75. When you hit your hand on the river, check-raise would be perfect. If you get 3-bet, just call it.

Fat Nicky
12-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Fold pre-flop, although calling can't be too much of a mistake.

Check/call should have been your 3rd option at the river, behind check/raise and betting out.