PDA

View Full Version : Is 11 BB/100 sustainable at .05/.10?

Hack
12-21-2004, 01:23 PM
I've played about 1000 hands in the past 4 days and my win rate is around 11 BB/100 according to PT.

My VP$IP is 19.01 and my PFR is 10.7%.

My win $ at showdown is 54.06%.

Is this sustainable?

dangerous_badman
12-21-2004, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played about 1000 hands in the past 4 days and my win rate is around 11 BB/100 according to PT.

My VP$IP is 19.01 and my PFR is 10.7%.

My win $ at showdown is 54.06%.

Is this sustainable?

[/ QUOTE ]

1000 hands over four days is far, far too small a sample to draw a realistic conclusion, I think. Catching a few lucky river cards in a small number of large pots is going to skew your BB/100 massively with such a small number of hands. You really can't make any assumptions about winrate after only four days' play.

FWIW, I've made about 6BB/100 at $0.50/$1.00 so far over >20,000 hands, and I'll readily accept that that probably isn't sustainable in the long run (the long run being a lot longer than 20k hands).

xCEO
12-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Don't think this is sustainable

With 1000 hands you can't say anything about BB/100

John Paul
12-21-2004, 01:30 PM
No, its not sustainable.

In the long run you will win all of the money from all of the fish. You will be very rich, but the on-line poker economy will collapse.
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hack
12-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Are you saying that eventually this poker tv/online poker rush will die down, and that tables will become a lot tighter?

John Paul
12-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Actaully it was just a joke.

But I think that if online poker becomes less popular the first effect we will see is consolidation - big sites taking over smaller ones.

Hack
12-21-2004, 02:08 PM
When I make it to 3/6 and 4 table itw ill I be able to make a living at that for years to come?

kenberman
12-21-2004, 02:10 PM
no

car ramrod
12-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Do you think if online poker loses interest, we will see less fish, meaning more skilled players, and less money to make. Or at least its going to be harder to make money>?

Hack
12-21-2004, 02:11 PM
That's exactly what I'm wondering car ramrod.

Eagerly awaiting John's reply.

btspider
12-21-2004, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played about 1000 hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

stop obsessing over stats with ridiculously small sample sizes. this is the 4th topic now with the same basic question. what do you want to hear? there is no magic formula to winning and making more than pocket change takes a lot of effort.

--------------------

online poker won't die unless it becomes illegal and is enforced. there will always be fish, just in varying quanitity. less fish = lower winrates, but not prohibitively so...

--------------------

whoever asked, don't expect to make a living playing 3/6 online. only relatively few could accomplish that. its one of those things that if you have to ask, then you can't do it yet. you'll know when it becomes feasible.

kiemo
12-21-2004, 05:17 PM
1000 hands....

1000 hands.....

Oh boy.

And 800 posts in a month. Wow, sure shows why post count doesnt equal intelligent thoughts.

elitegimp
12-21-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think if online poker loses interest, we will see less fish, meaning more skilled players, and less money to make. Or at least its going to be harder to make money>?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant that is that there is only a finite number of fish each with a finite bankroll, so if Hack tries to sustain his 11 BB/100 then all the fish will go broke and therefore Hack won't have anyone to take money from. (The joke being that the "finite numbers" involved are so large it would take more than a lifetime to bankrupt all the fish, but that's still not long enough to consider the "long run")

J.P. -- I thought it was funny, if it makes you feel any better.

afk
12-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Hack. Seriously man, you've got over 700 posts and I think most of those are stats posts. They're irrelevant and you won't learn anything from them.

Hack
12-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Wow, you are an ass. Don't post in my threads anymore, thanks.

milesdyson
12-22-2004, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you are an ass. Don't post in my threads anymore, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Chill, dude. Poker is a long term thing, and you don't seem to understand that.

Hack
12-22-2004, 01:26 AM
I have no problem with criticism but when someone says I don't have any intelligent thoughts then I tend to get pissed off.

If you can't understand that miles then whatever. I haven't had a problem with anyone else on this forum.

Why don't you read what he wrote before you comment?

Here, I'll paste it in for you:

[ QUOTE ]
And 800 posts in a month. Wow, sure shows why post count doesnt equal intelligent thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you consider that a helpful post. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I didn't come to this forum to be called stupid. I've been nice to other people in threads on the micro forum and tried to give my honest opinion and help as best I can. He is being a jerk, and that's that.

milesdyson
12-22-2004, 01:30 AM
This?

[ QUOTE ]
Hack. Seriously man, you've got over 700 posts and I think most of those are stats posts. They're irrelevant and you won't learn anything from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's so bad about it? He's telling the truth... you really won't learn anything from posting stats after 1000 hands.

Hack
12-22-2004, 01:31 AM
That's not who I responded to miles.

I sincerely appreciate AFK's comment and value his advice.

I responded to Kiemo's comment. PLEASE check who the post was directed to before you post what you did.

Again, here is what KIEMO posted earlier:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you consider that a helpful comment?

I've had this problem a couple times in the past week. People chided me for responding to a rude comment when they didn't check who I was responding to.

milesdyson
12-22-2004, 01:32 AM
I don't like looking at the "Re:" area. The "quote" feature is really cool.. lol.

Yeah that's pretty harsh, but stat posts like these are really frowned upon here. A week or two ago you were complaining about the variance at .05/.10 and now you're asking if you can keep going at 11BB/100.

Hack
12-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Whatever miles.

I don't want to spend any more time talking to you about this if you can't see that comments like kiemo's and CinnamonWind's are not helpful. He contributed nothing to the thread.

AFK and other posters offered positive comments and genuinely helpful advice.

All Kiemo offered was a barb.

I'm done. I'm contemplating leaving this forum if stuff like this is considered acceptable.

You will never see ME attack another newbie like that and insult him instead of trying to help.

Disgusting.

I have a college degree. But that doesn't matter to him. Apparently everyone who is new to poker is some kind of idiot if they post stuff like this.

We all have to start somewhere.

Cut me some SLACK.

radar5
12-22-2004, 01:36 AM
They are not being a jerk. They saw your post count, your enrollmrnt date, and also noticed that you ask about your stats all the time.

Apparently, they have said this before and you didn't get the hint.

Key words.....poker and long term.....

Think it over and get back to us. Calm down on your stats for now, work on your play.

Class dismissed.

milesdyson
12-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Uh, ok??

DavidC
12-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Thanks for that answer man.

It's very helpful. I think I'm realistically only 2bb/100 right now. My bb/100 is 3.5 right now over 20k, but I'm not playing awesome or anything. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It amazes me that you're up there at 6, though. You're probably doing a few things right. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess I need to read over SSHE like 5 more times.

How long is the long long run? Maybe 1-200 k hands?

DavidC
12-22-2004, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In the long run you will win all of the money from all of the fish. You will be very rich, but the on-line poker economy will collapse.

[/ QUOTE ]

John, this is the most ridiculous and short-sighted thing I've read on the entire internet thus far.

(you're forgetting the rake)

Hack
12-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Whatever. It's an incredibly rude comment and if you can't see that then I feel bad for you.

Like I said, I appreciate criticism of my play because I want to get better. That's why I start a lot of threads, because I want to get better.

What I don't appreciate is being called STUPID, and if you think that a poster calling another poster STUPID is beneficial then I can't help you.

I don't want to turn this into a flame war so I am not going to post in this thread anymore and I will let it die.

I'll just note that I'm disappointed in you and miles.

radar5
12-22-2004, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever. It's an incredibly rude comment and if you can't see that then I feel bad for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel bad for you......people are trying to help you and you are to blind too see it.

Maybe you should leave the forum for awhile and come back when you are ready for help.

I know, that's not what you wanted to hear either. Sometimes, people don't say what you want to hear.

Oh well, Happy Holidays.

DavidC
12-22-2004, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't come to this forum to be called stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weird, because I did. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll let you in on something that I've noticed.

The first error in a hand is the one that they'll dwell on, even if you write in your post that it's a mistake and you'd like to ask a question about later streets.

... and God help you if you disaggree with someone's response to your question.

That being said, you're correct in your indignation here; the guy is certainly being an ass in this case.

DavidC
12-22-2004, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm contemplating leaving this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than that, maybe just read for a bit, and forgo posting for a little while.

You will have to face the fact that poker does tend to be something pursued by people of large egos. If you think THIS is bad, try reading the usenet forums for poker.

droolie
12-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Hack- You have great enthusiasm for poker. Everybody can see that. You seem like a nice guy and I don't think you deserve to be called dumb. I've enjoyed seeing your progress.

However what you need to realize is that posting too much annoys other posters, especially when some of the posts (especially new threads) seem unnecessary. But don't let some snide comment chase you away. That's exactly what the snide comment is designed to do. Call the guy a dickhead but take the hint. Try reading more threads and posting in existing ones only. Show a little restraint by resisting the urge to start new threads for a while. I hate to say it but some of the cranky vets will be much more hostile than what you got in this thread. You should see the crap they talk in small stakes. Its chic to be rude there. Remember this is poker not kindergarten. If you annoy people they will kick you in the nuts.

DavidC
12-22-2004, 02:06 AM
Re: is 24.4 posts per day a sustainable post-rate for Hack?

I think the subject line says it all! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry dude, I couldn't help myself.

When I first started here, perhaps less than a month before you (I can't remember), I posted three hand histories in one day, and got the snot kicked out of me on all streets on all hands. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also got someone more experienced than myself telling me to post 1-2 hands per day, max. They suggested less than that.

I listened, for the most part.

I assure you, I've done/said some pretty dumb stuff here (+ev in a horse-fight, and a pet peeve I aired out in the books/software forum). People forget about it after a while. You've got a ton of time to become a better player and to observe how we conduct ourselves.

For the most part, we're pretty good.

Take care, and enjoy your Christmas.

--Dave.

DMBFan23
12-22-2004, 02:30 AM
this thread makes me a sad panda.

someone could have linked him to a post regarding streaks in poker...
Homer's streaks thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=445039&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=1&vc=1)

or about what your winrate really means...
Homer again, talking about sample sizes and confidence intervals. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1342415&page=22&view=coll apsed&sb=3&o=14&fpart=1)

Some of you could have PMed him (maybe you have)

instead, we get the small stakes forum's unhospitality, coupled with our vast lack of knowledge. Do you know 11BB/100 is not sustainable? have you played 500K hands of .05/.10 and verified your confidence interval to within .2 BB?

Half of the posts in this thread are polite yet slightly flustered, and I apologize for having those posters read this, as it wasnt meant for them, and they are posters whom I respect. post count doesn't necessarily relate to low limit hold em experience, perhaps Hack posted in the omaha and other games forum, or the OOT or Internet Forum. I'd check, but I'm too busy ranting. If I were met with the same utter lack of patience that I'm reading about when I asked a question to which I didn't know the answer (or didnt know that it doesn't matter), I would not be nearly as good a poker player as I am today. and that makes me sad.

Think about back when you first started posting here and the bisons and sfers and joe talls of the forum chimed in with some helpful comment, even though you didnt know what the hell you were talking about. I fel we're kind of obligated to return that favor. saying something as short as "stats are useless" is kind of easy to take out of context without understanding why, and being rude about it certainly doesnt help.

Hack, hopefully after reading the links I sent and the replies of some of the more polite posters, you will understand the the long run is long. really long. damn long.

I hope that some others think about how much some of the more helpful and experienced posters here have changed your game (they've certainly changed mine), and all the lovely money you've made as a result, before you decide you know it all and anyone who doesn't is just dumb. Someone could have taken that attitude with one of your posts.

"Is 11 BB sustainable" is a very different question from "are my very short term results, which indicate that I am winning 11BB/100, reflective of my true winrate." [censored] man, just say "I don't know" next time.

cmwck
12-22-2004, 02:39 AM
Yeah, people seem to be using this logic:
I've seen 10 birds out my window, and they've all been black.
Therefore, every bird in the world is black.

See? You need to see a lot more birds/poker hands before you draw any conclusions.

DMBFan23
12-22-2004, 02:46 AM
that's a good analogy. it seems, though, that the original poster is asking merely "I've seen some black birds, is it possible that all birds in the world are black?" as opposed to inferring "I believe all birds are black based on my observation of birds"

ucfryan
12-22-2004, 02:47 AM
It's not sustainable, at least not unless you're a super terrific player and you're at a table full of donators all the time. I was at 11 BB/100 for a little over 5000 hands, and since then I've dipped down to 7.

I think people here could be a little nicer too. A lot of us are still learning, but we're trying to contribute in whatever ways we can. People need some patience.

milesdyson
12-22-2004, 02:56 AM
Honestly, aside from the whole "intelligence != post count" thing, I don't think anyone's being too hostile.

I admitted earlier that I thought that was harsh, too.

Eventually, though, there comes a point where a tiiiiiny bit of forwardness (is that a word?) should be accepted to tell someone that he's beating a dead horse with stat posts.

Hack
12-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Thanks DMB.
Thanks DMB.

You summed it up very nicely.

I am very wiling to learn and that is why I put in so much time here.

I will start less threads and start responding in others' more, I just ask to be treated respectfully, because I try to treat people with respect.

To all the people in this thread that have offered constructive advice like DMB and AFK, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

To the couple of pricks from small stakes who offered nothing but rude insults, f off. Don't come in this forum and act like assholes.

I am going to bed. Merry Christmas

Hack

The13atman
12-22-2004, 03:47 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and quote a post I made in one of your many threads in which you asked for analysis of stats. This was when you posted stats from a 100 hand session and asked if you were playing good:

[ QUOTE ]
Just like I said in one of your other threads where you posted stats for a 150 hand sample: don't be so obsessed with stats. Instead of posting stats from every single session you play, post hands you had trouble with. People analyzing your hands will help infinitely more than people analyzing worthless stats from 100 hands.

AGAIN, I say: Focus on your game, post hands you had trouble with, and wait until you have at the very least 10,000 hands before you post stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

This time actually read my post and try to absorb it. Go ahead and re-read it a couple times. Sound the words out slowly. Print it out and highlight the important parts if that helps you.

There are times when I honestly believe you are just trolling this forum. I don't recall ever seeing anyone be particularly mean or even insulting to another poster in the micro forums besides you. Hmmm, why do people single you out then? Is it because you post a million threads asking for advice on stats of, then ignore the advice that is given to you (to stop posting meaningless stats and focus on your play)? Hey! Maybe that's it! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif If you don't want to be "picked on," then don't be an annoying douchebag who ignores the people who are trying to help him. If you can't handle the blunt truth and learn to listen to the extremely talented players on this forum (who have taught me a lot) then maybe it IS better if you stop posting. Sorry, but that's the truth.

afk
12-22-2004, 04:56 AM
Hey Hack,

First off, it stinks to see this thread turn in to some sort of monkey-crap-flinging-fest but hey, ya can't win 'em all.

Secondly, it's the internet. Don't let things like this get to you. Even the micro forum has helped a lot of people (myself a prime example) develop into better players (while making a decent chunk of change for the stakes we're playing on the side). Don't leave the forum just 'cause you're getting hassled, it'll cost you money.

I'll say it again - don't worry about your numbers for the time being. Instead, when you finish a session use PT to take a look at the hands you played. Pick out one or two hands you think you played well or poorly and post 'em here. I think that is the best way you can improve your game.

In regards to DMB's post linking some of Homer's threads, I made a thread a few days ago addressing that exact issue and linking the win rate post - though I never checked up on it and it probably didn't get any replies and sank to the bottom. But I'll try to dig it up because I think it's worth a read.

Edit: Here it is. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=1412824&Forum =f21&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1412824&Sea rch=true&where=bodysub&Name=8070&daterange=1&newer val=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#P ost1412824) It got some views but no replies (meh) but it kinda illustrates just how long term the "long term" can be. That's why I'm empasizing focussing on one's play and the numbers will eventually fall in line.

dangerous_badman
12-22-2004, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for that answer man.

It's very helpful. I think I'm realistically only 2bb/100 right now. My bb/100 is 3.5 right now over 20k, but I'm not playing awesome or anything. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It amazes me that you're up there at 6, though. You're probably doing a few things right. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess I need to read over SSHE like 5 more times.

How long is the long long run? Maybe 1-200 k hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

6BB/100 is definitely higher than I 'deserve' given my ability, though I think something only a shade lower than that is probably sustainable when you consider the general standard of play. The long long run? I think figures like 100k have been quoted by others as about the smallest number of hands you can draw a semi-reliable conculsion from. Someone posted 100k at $0.50/$1.00 a while ago and their BB/100 was very high IIRC.

And yes, re-reading SSHE can't hurt IMO. I must have read that book cover to cover at least seven or eight times... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

kiemo
12-22-2004, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I appreciate criticism of my play because I want to get better. That's why I start a lot of threads, because I want to get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking this quote in the context of this thread and I just blew milk all over my keyboard.

Seriously how do expect criticism and to get better by asking about your winrate of a sample size of 1000 hands?

You have made 800 posts in a month and yet you havent figured out anything about sample size or variance yet? This leads me to believe you start lots of threads asking about insignifcant stats and then troll the hell out of these threads by bitching and moaning about people being mean to you, probably to get your post count higher in some sort of e-penis ego thing.

So I will stand by my assessment that postcount != intelligence. If this hurts your feelings, then call your mommy or your therapist, becuase honestly noone on this board gives two shakes of a lambs dick about your feelings.

You want criticism on your play, post some hands, you want criticism on your winrate, play 20k hands. However when you post stupid ass garbage threads like this one, expect harsh comments from people. You dont like it, grab a tissue and get the F off the internet.

Hack
12-22-2004, 03:37 PM
I have posted play, you dick.

If you [censored] ran a search you'd see that I've posted maybe 50 hands since I've been here and asked people to help me analyze them. I haven't posted more than 3 stats threads since I've been here.

Ger a clue. If anyone is the troll, it's you. Ask anyone in this forum. They'll tell you that I post hand histories and comment in other people's histories, offering my advice as best I can.

Everyone except you in this thread has been nice. I'm not in the small stakes forum, dick. People are expected to be more friendly to newbies in this forum because it is the micro forum and all.

I guarantee you if I looked up your posts in the archives from December 2003, that I would find some newbie posts too. But I bet people didn't insult you like you have insulted me.

You don't even [censored] know me man. How the hell can you say I'm stupid? Just because I don't know the intricacies of sample size and streaks in poker statistics?

You're a dick. You made a dickhead comment, and now you're trying to justify it.

Go to hell.

frank_iii
12-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Can't we all just get along?

davelin
12-22-2004, 03:47 PM
I think everyone just needs to sit back and chill /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

droolie
12-22-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this hurts your feelings, then call your mommy or your therapist, becuase honestly noone on this board gives two shakes of a lambs dick about your feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave the guy alone. Speak for youself. Please don't try to speak for the entire forum. To say that no one here cares whether his feelings get hurt is untrue and just vicious. Many of us respect other posters enough to kindly ask them to moderate their posting style. Some of us will even kindly remind someone to moderate their posting style a few times. Many of us if we have nothing kind to say move to the next thread because we are not interested in hurting feeling of newer members.

kiemo
12-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Seriously did mommy not hold you enough as a kid, whats with the insecure anger?

OMG SOMEONE MIGHT HAVE INSULTED ME ON THE INTERNET. RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMBFan23
12-22-2004, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Seriously how do expect criticism and to get better by asking about your winrate of a sample size of 1000 hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

see my post about the birds.

[ QUOTE ]

So I will stand by my assessment that postcount != intelligence. If this hurts your feelings, then call your mommy or your therapist, becuase honestly noone on this board gives two shakes of a lambs dick about your feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

see my long post about why this makes me a sad panda.

[ QUOTE ]

you want criticism on your winrate, play 20k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it ironic that you berate people for their lack of knowledge of sample sizes, and then post this.

[ QUOTE ]

However when you post stupid ass garbage threads like this one, expect harsh comments from people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I urinate on this statement.

btspider
12-22-2004, 04:07 PM
sweet.. ya'll better avoid me while I'm clearing bonus.

party .50/1.00

hands: 263
BB/100: 10.88

VPIP: 15.5
PFR: 8.8

flop AF: 9.33 (!)
turn AF: 20.0 (!!!)
river: 2.6 (boo!)

Won WSF: 33.33
Won @ SD: 70 (great laydowns!)

----------------------

kiemo's alright, i haven't seen him get out of line before. let's all move on.

----------------------

[ QUOTE ]
davelin: I think everyone just needs to sit back and chill..

[/ QUOTE ]

beers on davelin!

Shillx
12-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Dude you are CLEARLY ready to move up to 5/10. /images/graemlins/grin.gif What is the margin of error on that winrate, like .001BB/100?

Brad

davelin
12-22-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
davelin: I think everyone just needs to sit back and chill..

[/ QUOTE ]

beers on davelin!

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it!

DavidC
12-22-2004, 06:35 PM
I've followed another poster's advice (BDM?) and read Homer's post... (since I'm new to the forum, and don't read the internet forum, I would never have found it on my own).

Using a slightly modified spreadsheet from there (see my post "comparison" for the modifications, it's my first reply), I've messed around until

It seems to be based on your SD/100 hands, as well as your sample size (higher the SD, higher the necessary sample size).

I have an SD of something like 13.5bb/100 hands. I don't know how high or low this is.

That being said, with that SD, in order for me to get within 1 BB of my true win rate 95% of the time, I need to play 125,000 hands. If I want to get within 0.5 bb / 100 hands of my true rate, 95% of the time, I need to play 500,000 hands.

So, yeah, damn long. Damn, damn long. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re: SSHE. I botched the ch 2 quiz... Definitely need to re-read some of that. However, my blind defense, etc. is a major leak, and I may have to patch that up first with HPFAP. It's a topic not addressed in SSHE... not sure why: could be that it's not very common, or could be that it's already discussed in other books.

My comparison post is a comparison between my first 10k hands and my second 10k hands... could someone PLEASE take a look at it?

--Dave.

wcsherry
12-22-2004, 06:44 PM
FLAME WAR /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

DavidC
12-22-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I urinate on this statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] pandas, always urinating all over the place!

BTW, thanks for the links to homer's threads.

20k hands can't really tell you too too much about you win rate, but it can tell you a ton about stuff like blind defense and things like that...

Might I ask for your input on my "comparison" post?

Edit: Is the plural for Panda "panda" or "pandas"?... Anyways, [censored] them.

DavidC
12-22-2004, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
turn AF: 20.0 (!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's NOTHING!

Once, over a period of about 200 hands, I had infinite turn aggression.

Of course, I also lost 10bb. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kiemo
12-22-2004, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

you want criticism on your winrate, play 20k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it ironic that you berate people for their lack of knowledge of sample sizes, and then post this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am simply implying that if one is so inclined to make a "Hows my winrate" post, a 20k sample size should be the minimum required for any serious reponses. I am not inferring that 20k is a good enough sample to really nail down ones winrate, as others in the thread have shown 100k+ hands or more are needed for this.

Now I myself have indeed been guilty of not following this requirment, there is your irony.

Jasmien
12-22-2004, 08:44 PM
sorry i stoped reading the thread after the 5th flame but in general: your BB/100 will be pretty high at .05-.10! Much higher than 0.5-1 since the players are the worst you can find. Your win rate will drop a bit after time but will be still very high.

bisonbison
12-22-2004, 08:46 PM
this thread is pretty dumb.

kiemo
12-22-2004, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

DMBFan23:
Think about back when you first started posting here and the bisons and sfers and joe talls of the forum chimed in with some helpful comment

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bison:
This thread is dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

DMB can predict the future!

Siingo
12-22-2004, 10:41 PM
57 replies ( 58 with me ) about ehhh almost nothing... This tread is dumb!!!

illunious
12-22-2004, 10:49 PM
If .05/0.1 is rake-free (?), and the players are absolutely terrible (which I suspect they are), close to 11 BB/100 might be possible.

If you actually play 20k or more hands there, it will be interesting to see what your BB/100 is.

Hack
12-23-2004, 03:34 AM
So are some of the comments. I guess you were never a newbie.

bisonbison
12-23-2004, 04:02 AM
So are some of the comments.

You turned that right around on me.

I guess you were never a newbie.

I wasn't a newbie after 700 posts.

Hack
12-23-2004, 04:13 AM
Most of the posts are bunched into only a few threads.

Check out kiemo's original comment.

Most of the latter replies in this thread are directed at him.

I am done with this.