PDA

View Full Version : Do I fold or raise and if so where? A9o at the CO after 1 limper

Guido
12-21-2004, 12:54 PM
UTG+1 is a loose bad player.
No read on the BB.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, Guido calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Guido calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Guido calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Sometimes I 3-bet the flop and sometimes decide to call down unless I improve. I can fold this on the turn with a read but this time I couldn't. Tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Guido

Danenania
12-21-2004, 01:03 PM
I would fold preflop, though after a limper I do raise from the button. Not sure if this is too tight? Do you also raise KTo in this spot?

On the flop I would 3-bet and look to get out if I'm raised again. The way you played it I couldn't fold either since BB could have any A or possibly worse if he's aggro and MP could be calling down with any cards.

Guido
12-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Against a bad player this should be an easy raise especially when the blinds aren't too loose. Yes I raise KTo in this spot too. I want the button and the blinds to fold.

What do you do when you 3-bet and they both call? What's your plan?

Thanks,

Guido

Danenania
12-21-2004, 01:58 PM
If they both call I figure I'm likely to have the best hand and keep betting. It's possible that you will scare a better kicker A into its shell but since he didn't 3-bet preflop the only one I'm very worried about is AT. Yes he could have just called preflop with AQ or AK but not as likely. Plus MP gives you a value overlay since on this board he is probably calling down with 5 outs at most.

If BB has 2-pair or better you will hear from him again and can release when you do. The times he has AT or maybe AQ will be made up for by all the times he calls down with a worse A or something nutty.

Thanks for setting me straight as to preflop. I will incorporate this change. Any other borderline hands that you raise from this spot?

Guido
12-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Any other borderline hands that you raise from this spot?

QJo, QTs and K8s but it depends a lot on the blinds and how bad the limper is.

Guido

helpmeout
12-21-2004, 06:29 PM
This is an easy raise preflop.

Without a read you cant really do much else other than call down.

Your Mom
12-21-2004, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't fold this hardly ever. I may 3 bet the flop if I have a good read on BB. Otherwise, I am calling down too.