PDA

View Full Version : New party client, so what has changed?

BlueBear
12-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Party recently had a client software upgrade but it seems to be exactly the same.

Does anybody know what are the new changes to the client?

MicroBob
12-21-2004, 11:01 AM
I have the empire client (which also had the 'upgrade') and can't see any difference.

BlueBear
12-21-2004, 11:05 AM
I think that Party should inform us what are the exact changes in the new client everytime an automated download is made. (in a form of a simple pop-up). After all, we implicitly putting our trust in Party when we let them upload stuff into our computers.

HesseJam
12-21-2004, 11:11 AM
This probably would violate their "Complete Disinformation Policy".

Adde
12-21-2004, 11:13 AM
I think that Party should inform us what are the exact changes in the new client everytime an automated download is made.

They do, on this page, although the current upgrade is not listed yet.

http://www.partypoker.com/news/policy.html

Adde

Voltron87
12-21-2004, 11:17 AM
The only difference for me is that the SNG tables list won't load. Goddamnit.

_And1_
12-21-2004, 11:19 AM
the bad beat jackpot counter is looking better, new animation i guess...

Adde
12-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Four new images:

title_ac_suggestor
title_weak_password
bitmap_dollor
bitmap_cent

Account management and cosmetics for the jackpot graphics. It's got to be more though, I don't think they would stop their servers a couple of hours for just this.

Adde

bdk3clash
12-21-2004, 11:37 AM
I see the newly upgraded "randomly close a table on me when I'm in the middle of a hand" function is working just fine.

splashpot
12-21-2004, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see the newly upgraded "randomly close a table on me when I'm in the middle of a hand" function is working just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been waiting for this feature.

Withen
12-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Yes, I just experienced this wonderful new feature, right after I had been dealt AA. Didn't even get to see the flop.. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If this is going to be a common occurance, perhaps I/we should hold off playing until the bugs are worked out.. has anyone else experienced this?

Oh, also, I can't seem to search for myself in player search. Anybody else notice this?

cardcounter0
12-21-2004, 11:46 AM
When searching for yourself try to avoid cults that are into the consumption of large amounts of mind altering drugs.

HesseJam
12-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Oh my , Oh my...

I still have to play 100 hands or so to get my bonus released.

Adde
12-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Some changes:

* Eurobet now remembers both username and password (bravo!).
* Notes for yourself is not shown anymmore.

Adde

WSOPWinner2005
12-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Same here not only did it boot me from the table but after 3 reboots my funds are still frozen at that table that I got booted from. Hopefully it clears itself up in 30 minutes or so or I will e-mail support.

BradleyT
12-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Does anyone know if the 9-12 pattern still works?

Withen
12-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Personally, I much prefer the ones that require me to give them large amounts of cash to attain enlightenment.

We love the leader...

MicroBob
12-21-2004, 12:00 PM
9-12 pattern?? Either this is some sort of silly pattern-map joke or I just don't know what the hell you're talking about.

With all the talk of disconnects I've decided now is a good time to work on my bonus-clearing at stars, paradise, proom and/or crypto.
sounds like LOTS of disconnect issues....and i suspect they will only get worse as more and more players log-on.

AncientPC
12-21-2004, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean it's more annoying.

Rudbaeck
12-21-2004, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
9-12 pattern?? Either this is some sort of silly pattern-map joke or I just don't know what the hell you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both!

sfer
12-21-2004, 12:56 PM
I've heard--although I'm not entirely sure about it's accuracy--that with the new upgrade Party is no longer rigged.

sfer
12-21-2004, 12:58 PM
That's good for you...will save you many bets in the future. Particularly when you get to the point in a hand where you start calling.

bdk3clash
12-21-2004, 01:28 PM
"* Eurobet now remembers both username and password (bravo!)."

This is great. Has anyone figured out how to prevent Eurobet from opening a browser window (or taking over a current one) when you close the Eurobet client?

CountDuckula
12-21-2004, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that Party should inform us what are the exact changes in the new client everytime an automated download is made. (in a form of a simple pop-up). After all, we implicitly putting our trust in Party when we let them upload stuff into our computers.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if they're upgrading to improve their defenses against/detection of bots? I wouldn't want the jerks who use those to get tipped off that they now have a new wrinkle to fight; it'll take them that much longer to figure it out if Party doesn't say anything.

-Mike

CountDuckula
12-21-2004, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go: Granny's post about the 9-12 pattern (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1418141&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1).

_And1_
12-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Guess you are right on that one, looked pretty slick at first but very annoying after about 10 seconds...

AtlBrvs4Life
12-21-2004, 02:12 PM
I was hoping that this update would fix some of the many bugs I face with the Party software. Instead, they added more. Screw Party.

Voltron87
12-21-2004, 02:41 PM
When you get paid out in an SNG it comes out as $150.00 or $90.00 instead of $150

mmbt0ne
12-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Has anyone tried to see if that SB thing still works? I know people used to be able to sit out on the SB, return in the CO, and not have to pay anything. Basically they'd pay 1 BB for 8 hands, instead of 1.5 BB for 10 hands. It really pissed me off when people were able to get away with that.

adanthar
12-21-2004, 03:07 PM
When people go all in it now shows the number of chips they do it for. Nifty.

J.R.
12-21-2004, 03:09 PM
I inadevertantly sit out on the sb WAY too much when 8 tabling after paying ther BB and not checking auto-post and always have to post to come back in before the BB comes around again, and its not just a sb I have to post so I am far worse off missing the sb.

simpsp31
12-21-2004, 03:21 PM
>When people go all in it now shows the number of chips they do it for. Nifty

I posted a thread earlier about rake totals being wrong in the sessions tab of PokerTracker, nobody else seems to have it but I think the all in change to Hand Histories is probably the culprit, anytime i have a bizzare rake total ie $75 i have been all in on that hand.

Please could others check and confirm they are getting the same behaviour.

Thanks PAul.

jasonHoldEm
12-21-2004, 03:29 PM
You can now run Party and PokerNOW simultaneously without the uninstall/reinstall loophole. Yay!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Corey
12-21-2004, 04:14 PM
I too have had the rake totals act goofy when a player is all in. This is limit, so I only have two samples to go on, but one reported a rake of $4 (on a .5/1 table), the other reported -.21.

I'm to lazy to figure out what has changed, but this issue has been reported in the pokertracker support forum and I'm sure the guys over there are working on updating this.

Personally, I am making sure to save the hard copies of the text files of HH's to later import into PT.

goodguy_1
12-21-2004, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can now run Party and PokerNOW simultaneously without the uninstall/reinstall loophole. Yay!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
this is excellent news-nice catch Jason

ok The biggest change I've noticed isnt cosmetic but a major improvement.I'm not sure if others have had this problem but over the last couple months or couple of upgrades I have had serious issues with Party and any Party skin closing effectively.I have accounts on all skins and frequently have 3-4 open at once.The problem seemed to rear its head about 1/2 upgrades ago where when I attempted to close the client it would just hang and not friggin close.This was very annoying.Each time I had to manually go in the Windows Task Manager and manually close out the exe file or it would suck up more and more memory and just hang....I have 1GB of RAM on old machine and 2GB's on this new one ....

THis doesnt happen any longer ..woohooo.I havent even rebooted in 24 hours and this problem is now fixed.I dont know what it was but it was very annoying..memory leak etc..I;m no software guru.but this was a major problem I had been having since the last upgrade....I'm sure Party got many complaints about this.I complained about it a month ago and it was a known issue.

M.B.E.
12-21-2004, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you get paid out in an SNG it comes out as $150.00 or $90.00 instead of $150

[/ QUOTE ]
Just shows how responsive PartyPoker is to its customers... they must have received lots of complaints on this point, and they fixed it.

ctv1116
12-21-2004, 06:12 PM
YES!!! It always does that. It'd be nice if it would stop doing that.

goodguy_1
12-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Regretably after rebooting the Pokernow/Party Poker issue still occurs.You still can not open both clients at the same time UNLESS you are reinstalling one or the other..THIS SUCKS

jasonHoldEm
12-21-2004, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can now run Party and PokerNOW simultaneously without the uninstall/reinstall loophole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh...this worked originally, but now (after a reboot) it doesn't allow it anymore. Soooooo angry. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Voltron87
12-21-2004, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just shows how responsive PartyPoker is to its customers... they must have received lots of complaints on this point, and they fixed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm, right?

dfscott
12-21-2004, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean it's more annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely.

FlFishOn
12-22-2004, 01:04 AM
still make me curse in all the same spots. Awful.

Lurshy
12-22-2004, 01:07 AM
Yes the random table closer is definitely working

M.B.E.
12-22-2004, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would I be sarcastic about something as important as the ".00" after dollar amounts? I'm just saying that it's good to know Party makes it a priority to fix serious problems like this, rather than worry about so-called bugs like tables closing randomly.

IsaacW
12-23-2004, 01:20 PM
I started my DECBONUS work last night and noticed that my "Disconnect Protect" count had dropped to 1. So I tried to reset it, thinking I had used it the last time I'd played on Party... the client informed me that I had not used any and that a reset was not needed. Are they planning to phase out disconnect protection?

CORed
12-23-2004, 01:22 PM
They fixed all the bugs.

I can dream, can't I?

CORed
12-23-2004, 01:24 PM
As I recall, they have never let you reset your disconnect protect until you are down to 0. I have noticed that they have some .50/1.00 tables with no disconnect protect.

IsaacW
12-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Hmm, I've only ever had to reset it once so I can't be sure on whether it disallows resets before zero... however, that sucks if you're multitabling and get disconnected, unless you use one on all your tables instead of one each. Can anyone confirm the "reset only at zero?"