PDA

View Full Version : Official "the Patriots lost thread"

BadBoyBenny
12-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Had to post something because us here in Steeler country are ecstatic. I can't imagine anyone in Miami is as happy as I am.

Can't wait to go to another AFC championship game at Hines Field. Hopefully the Pats and Colts have to go at it in the Second round and we get the winner. And hopefully its a brutal game, levaing them weak and bloddy for the kill.

With TO out and the Pats looking like they'll play at least one game on the road, what team has the best shot a making the superbowl?

Steelers play everyone too close for comfort.

Indy will have to play some teams with a Baltimore caliber defnese but a better offense.

The Pat's are still the class of the league, but their road to Jacksonville just a lot more bummpy.

No one I've talked to expects San Diego to continue winning when they face a string of games against the league's best teams but I haven't seen them play enough to know.

Jacksonville, Buffalo, Carolina, and Green Bay are all teams that no one really wants to have to play and could string some wins together in January.

Then there's Mike Vick, but no TJ Duckett to close the game.

What do you all think?

Toro
12-21-2004, 10:55 AM
I think I'm too pissed to give a civil response.

2planka
12-21-2004, 11:01 AM
Glad I actually went to bed at half time. The horror. The horror...

The Steelers are playing well, but I'd be cautious if I were a Steelers fan. The games don't really count for a couple more weeks.

thatpfunk
12-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Whoever meets the Colts, be it the Steelers or Pats, I don't think they will have nearly as much trouble as everyone seems. Baltimore shut Manning down (lets remember the scrubs teams that he threw all those touchdowns against, and in blowouts nonetheless). This is the same Colts team that gets rocked every year, and this year will be no different. Manning will choke, and the Colts will be playing on grass and should be destroyed by either team. The AFC championship will be great and I'm looking forward to it.

kenberman
12-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I think the Colts are a bit like offense only baseball teams: they put up scary numbers against bad teams, but come playoff time, the game changes and they can't nec. keep it up.

This might be a good wake up call for NE, and in reality may not affect that much. Good chance they were going to be the #2 seed anyway.

If/when they get Ty Law back, that has a huge ripple effect on the secondary (their biggest weakness).

The Steelers have a great defense and a good running game, but the Pats are still a better all around team. Roethlisberger is way overrated - he plays for the most run oriented team in the league.

I would not be shocked to see Pittsburgh lose their first playoff game, regardless of opponent...they have a habit of keeping games close, and like the Pats showed last night, that habit can kick you right in the ass. AFC playoffs will be full of teams capable of beating Pittsburgh, even if they didn't the first time around (Jax, Jets, Pats), plus Baltimore has beaten them, the Colts are a bit scary, and SD..who knows?

Even in Pittsburgh, I like the Pats (with Ty Law, w/ Corey Dillon) in a potential AFC championship.

thatpfunk
12-21-2004, 12:33 PM
San Diego, Super Chargers... San Diego Super Chargers!

They are a lot of fun to watch and I could see a few thing sgoing there way. If LT gets rested up that would be huge. Also, teams have to focus on Gates so much now, with a good game plan, their offense can definetly do some damage...

I would say they feel like one of those teams where everything just seems to go right for them, but Marty is their coach afterall, and the playoffs aren't exactly his thing... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-21-2004, 05:40 PM
I just now finally saw the highlights from the game. To me, it looks like Brady's starting to play like Bret Favre and I don't mean that in a good way. I mean it in the way that he may be starting to think that he can do no wrong and he can just throw it up wherever he wants regardless of logical thought. That lucky BS he threw off his ass last week and then those two dipshit "passes" he just threw up in the air as he was getting sacked show this. He got away with it last week, but it caught up to him last night.

jakethebake
12-21-2004, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just now finally saw the highlights from the game. To me, it looks like Brady's starting to play like Bret Favre and I don't mean that in a good way. I mean it in the way that he may be starting to think that he can do no wrong and he can just throw it up wherever he wants regardless of logical thought. That lucky BS he threw off his ass last week and then those two dipshit "passes" he just threw up in the air as he was getting sacked show this. He got away with it last week, but it caught up to him last night.

[/ QUOTE ]
You might be right, and if you are, Brady will get away with less than favre because he doesn't have Favre's arm.

Dynasty
12-21-2004, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't wait to go to another AFC championship game at Hines Field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait either. I really enjoyed the last one.

Sponger15SB
12-21-2004, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would say they feel like one of those teams where everything just seems to go right for them, but Marty is their coach afterall, and the playoffs aren't exactly his thing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my I thought I was the only person in San Diego who hated Marty. Last year I was so dissapointed he wasn't fired.

This week against Indy will be a real test. If the chargers can win in convincing fashion the AFC playoff picture will be even further up in the air.

Richard Tanner
12-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Could be, but equally likely is the conservative play calling from the Colts was to blame for the lack of scoring strikes. The Ravens have an incredible secondary (reed, Sanders [yeah he's still good]), and the Colts wanted to adapt to the Ravens game. It's worth noting that the Colts did win the game with little effort.
That said, the playoffs with reach round to with 1)PIT v 4)SD and 2)NE v. 3)IND. The Title game with be a rematch between the Steelers and Colts (late 90s) with the Steelers most likely winning and running over a weakened PHIL team in Jacksonville.

Cody

craig r
12-21-2004, 09:19 PM
I live in San Diego, but the fans here sure are funny. People act as if San Diego is unstoppable. They have really beaten up on some crappy teams. I hope they go in to INDY and put Manning on the turf all day, but I doubt it. And they really should hope that they don't have to play the Jets. I think that this will be the worst matchup for them. And even if they did get past the first round, I don't know how they will go east to face NE or PIT.

craig

BadBoyBenny
12-22-2004, 07:14 PM
As a Pittsburgher, that worries me. If Haggans or another linebacker is out wif and when we play the Pats, then James Harrison will be starting and won't be in on kick coverage. So there is a possibility of a repeat of the special teams debacle.

Offense Vs. Offense and Defense Vs. Defense I think the Steelers win, unless Big Ben finally has a terrible game.

BTW he is not overrated his completion percentage is great, and Pittsburhg being a running team I think hurts him as a lot of his throws come on 3rd down obvious passing situation.

BTW also. James Harrison is the most underated special teams player in the league.