PDA

View Full Version : how to datamine??

krille
12-21-2004, 07:04 AM
I recently got pokertracker but i wonder how datamining works with partypoker? Coz When i am not seated at a table the handhistories are not saved automatically on my computer... so what do i do?

thx

12-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Bump, as I need to start doing this too.

prayformojo
12-23-2004, 09:18 PM
I don't feel like explaining this, and I don't expect anyone else does either. It takes some explaining. Check the Pokertracker website and make sure you have the latest patch. There is a help file explaining how to import Party histories, which includes how to import observed hands.

12-24-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel like explaining this, and I don't expect anyone else does either. It takes some explaining. Check the Pokertracker website and make sure you have the latest patch. There is a help file explaining how to import Party histories, which includes how to import observed hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this help file explaining how to import observed hands located?

bisonbison
12-24-2004, 05:40 PM

pokertracker forums

SamIAm
12-30-2004, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Here's (http://www.bet-the-pot.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page &PAGE_id=31&MMN_position=26:26)a PTracker tutorial. There are 3 pages, and seems decent.
-Sam

Kirg
12-30-2004, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In PT....Help...How to import party hh stored on your hd
Then scroll down on the help file that opens to the bottom where it says "Finally, how to get hand histories from tables you are observing to load..."

Bob T.
12-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Just to sidetrack this thread a little bit.

Is datamining really necessary. I don't bother, but I do open gametime windows for each of my tables, and after the first lap, I have at least an indication of how everyone is playing on my table.

When I play on sites other than party, I consult the exported notes, but I usually don't download my hand histories until after the session, and so I don't even bother with the gametime windows. I think a lot of times, you can get a pretty good read by watching how someone plays a couple of hands to showdown, and that is usually more accurate than what I get from a statistical summary of their play.