PDA

View Full Version : AQ, I bluff at rainbow pair hit ace on turn

Schizo
12-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Qs (two pair, aces and tens).
MP1 has Jc Th (full house, tens full of jacks).
CO has 2d Ac (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 14 BB. </font>

Siingo
12-21-2004, 07:26 AM
You are [censored] but I would have called down too if I did not have some great reads on him.

Do not post the results and please post some reads on him too if you have any!

Schizo
12-21-2004, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The results are in white, is that a big no no?

Siingo
12-21-2004, 07:57 AM
Yes becaus I will, even if it is in white, be to curious and look /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. And it might, even if I try to ignore the result, affect my reply! Post it later when you have got some good replys.

If you win or lose shall not matter for the replys!

djoyce003
12-21-2004, 11:31 AM
The turn raise smells like a ten to me. If I flopped trip 10's I would play it the exact same way as I expect everyone would. That being said it's still a tough laydown as you have the top pair.

River2Pair
12-21-2004, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The results are in white, is that a big no no?

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing you will learn here. . .the results don't matter. This is a strategy forum where we try to learn correct play, EV (expected value). If you have a read on the limpers about what kinds of hands they limp with and how aggressive they are postflop, then we can figure out whether you expected to have value in continuing after being raised on the turn. If MP1 was a loose-agressive player, the situation changes. If he is a tricky player, the situation changes.

Whether he actually had Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or JTo, doesn't really interest me. What were your thought processes throughout the hand?

Fat Nicky
12-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Looks like he has a 10 on the turn, but you can't be positive, you have to call down in case he has a weaker Ace.