PDA

View Full Version : ABC News: Look who they have to quote to get a Liberal Spin

Broken Glass Can
12-21-2004, 06:33 AM
ABC News thinks that a woman who threatened to kill the President is representative of military families?

They follow in Moore's footsteps of picking a super-liberal kook and present them as "representative". Can anyone doubt the bias of ABC now?

ABC: Keep drinkin' that Kool-aid.

ABC's slant (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/inpolitics.htm)

"In a Sunday night ABC story, the brother and mother of soldiers killed in Iraq denounced Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld for having an auto-pen machine sign his letters of condolence," the Media Research Center's Brent Baker notes at www.mediaresearch.org. (http://www.mediaresearch.org.)

"But while 'World News Tonight/Sunday' anchor Terry Moran portrayed the two as representative of how 'some military families' are 'upset' with Rumsfeld, the two are dedicated Bush and Rumsfeld haters with a political axe to grind," Mr. Baker said.

"Ivan Medina spoke in June at a pro-'Fahrenheit 9/11' publicity event and in May took part in an anti-Rumsfeld protest where he charged: 'This government lied to the military soldiers. Bush went to war to settle a family vendetta.' Sue Niederer sported a 'President Bush: You Killed My Son' T-shirt when she was arrested for disrupting a September speech by first lady Laura Bush. In an interview with the far-left Counterpunch Web site, she urged harm to President Bush: 'I wanted to rip the president's head off.' "

wacki
12-21-2004, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They follow in Moore's footsteps of picking a super-liberal kook and present them as "representative". Can anyone doubt the bias of ABC now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight, are you saying ABC is conservative and just making the liberals look bad? Or are you saying ABC is just as loony as Moore.

ThaSaltCracka
12-21-2004, 12:22 PM
um, sure, lets not forget that amongst all of these nonsense, that in fact the Sec of Defense was using an auto-pen or whatever to sign his letters to families of slain soldiers. How ridiculous is that? Let me put this in perspective. The President personally signed every single letter he sent out to the families of slain soldiers, EVERY SINGLE ONE!

I guess signing each one would have taken to much time out of Rummy's busy day of fcuking everything up, and sticking his head up his ass. Somehow though, the President found time during his(I assume) 20 hour days to sign these letters.

Just for reference, I saw this story on the local news, about a local family that received one of these letters. The piece also had a quote from some Rep Representative from Oklahoma or something saying Rummy's actions were a total insult to that Soldier, and his family. I agree.

elwoodblues
12-21-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ABC News thinks that a woman who threatened to kill the President is representative of military families?

[/ QUOTE ]

the threat (in a reaction to her son dying in combat):

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to rip the president's head off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never one to shy away from a little hyperbole are you BGC?

[ QUOTE ]
ABC: Keep drinkin' that Kool-aid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, cliche and hyperbole all in one. Multi-talented /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-21-2004, 12:33 PM
LMAO, nice avatar!!!!!

MelchyBeau
12-21-2004, 01:07 PM
I've seen Coulter on CNN, does that mean CNN is an ultra conservative News stations?

Think logically for once please

Melch

Broken Glass Can
12-21-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen Coulter on CNN, does that mean CNN is an ultra conservative News stations?

Think logically for once please

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

Commentators are a different story, they are picked for their stand on issues.

In this story though, ABC was passing these people off as "representative" of military families.

Broken Glass Can
12-21-2004, 05:42 PM
I think most of us agree that not personally signing these letters was a mistake. Though, it does not rise to the level of indicating how well Rummy is doing his job, since it is a style issue.

How ABC is biased in this story is a separate issue. You would think that with everybody agreeing that Rummy not signing is dumb, ABC doesn't need to select uber-liberal activists to "represent" military families.

ThaSaltCracka
12-21-2004, 07:16 PM
eh, really, less and less people watch the network news, so don't worry to much about it.

BTW, does anyone really care anymore if a news source is biased? I mean this seriously. Nearly every time a story is reported or an article is written, everyone always attacks it as being biased, but lets be honest, all of it is biased, for every liberal leaning outlet, there is the conservative counterpart. News in this country is a total joke, and is one reason I don't watch the news anymore. It may sound sad, but the people on here provide me with more insightful news and discourse than any other source/site I go to or listen to.

elwoodblues
12-21-2004, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In this story though, ABC was passing these people off as "representative" of military families

[/ QUOTE ]

No, as you quoted, they are passing them off as " representative of how ' some military families' are 'upset' with Rumsfeld"